Part 1 Chapter 1 Grand Moff Kaskus Hipta Diary

20 Years After Governor Trevat Disappeared
Excripts from the diary of Admiral Kaskus Hipta (now Grand Moff Kaskus Hipta)

A disaster, an utter disaster!!!

The New Republic's trust in the diplomatic lies of the First Order led to disaster for the New Republic and the galaxy at large. We have warned the New Republic many times about the deceit and cruelty of the First Order, but they do not believe us. It seems that they have forgotten the events of Operation 'Cinder' that took so many lives. But we still remember, because almost all the victims were on our side.

The First Order destroyed the New Republic's capital and a portion of its battle fleet yesterday, and I received the news along with the Empire Ruling Council in Bastion, also known as the Empire Remnant Ruling Council. Grand Admiral Palleon, as the leader of the Empire Ruling Council, was quite surprised about it because the First Order was able to make superweapons in just 20 years! Currently, the New Republic is in chaos due to the loss of the chain of command.

The New Republic really didn't expect this. The First Order was only considered a small faction of the former Galactic Empire compared to the Empire Remnant in terms of the area it controlled, causing the New Republic to take the First Order lightly. They were satisfied with the peace treaties and sweet promises that the First Order seemed to want. The New Republic didn't even do much to check if the First Order was living up to the terms of the agreement.

Unlike the Empire Remnant, the Empire Ruling Council does not trust the First Order at all, hence, we never trusted the diplomatic missions sent by the First Order. Hence, we have never had a meaningful treaty with the First Order. The Empire Remnant and the First Order are basically in a cold war, where part of the Empire Remnant's fleet is always patrolling the area adjacent to the First Order's territory even though there are no borders of the Empire Remnant that directly touch the borders of the First Order's territory.

We keep the New Republic informed of the First Order's increasing military capabilities. Even though Empire Remnant is not allied with the New Republic, at least the New Republic is more trustworthy than the First Order. But it seems our reports were either not believed or went down the wrong political path and were not heard. The New Republic government is full of political intrigue that often brings bad luck to the New Republic. As a result, the New Republic believed the Firest Order's nonsense, and they willingly reduced their military capabilities while the First Order's military capabilities were always increasing.

After we heard about the destruction of the New Republic government, the Empire Ruling Council immediately called an emergency meeting to discuss it. We do not have enough power to be able to help the New Republic while facing the threat of the First Order. We therefore temporarily refrained from acting against the New Republic, either militarily or with civilian assistance. This is because, although the central government of the New Republic has been destroyed, the local government apparatus is still intact and running well.

From the military condition of the New Republic, it appears that the destruction of the main planets of the New Republic caused nearly 60% of the military starships to be destroyed. Surprisingly, none of the ships escaped, even though they should have had time to evade the First Order attack and the destruction of the planets they were on. There was actually enough time for the ships to make a hyperspace jump to avoid the First Order attack.

At the moment, the New Republic military is still in a state of froze, it seems that they are still unable to shake off the shock of the destruction of the main planets of the New Republic. It is also as if they are still waiting to see who will be able to rule them. It's an inefficient military system that lacks the ability to take initiative, a far cry from the New Republic when it is in the state of infancy or the Rebel Alliance. We predict that if the First Order conducts military operations against the New Republic, it will fall in no time.