6. Out of Danger

"I've been watchin' you for some time
Can't stop starin' at those ocean eyes
Burning cities and napalm skies
Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes
Your ocean eyes
No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you gimme those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Fallin' into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes"
༄༄༄༄

𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐: '𝙾𝚌𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜' 𝚋𝚢 𝙱𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚎 𝙴𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑.

Xiao Zhan's POV,

Despite the lack of understanding and connection between us, I knew that saving Wang Yibo's life was the right thing to do. He was my husband, and despite our rocky start, I couldn't abandon him in his time of need. As I lay on the hospital bed, preparing to donate blood, I couldn't help but feel a sense of determination wash over me.

Soon the nurse inserted the needle into my arm, I closed my eyes and focused on the rhythmic sound of my own heartbeat. With each drop of blood that left my body, I felt a renewed sense of purpose, a commitment to doing whatever it took to ensure Mr Wang's survival.

Despite the uncertainty and fear that gripped my heart, I knew that I couldn't let him down. He was my responsibility now, my partner in this unexpected journey of life. And even though our relationship had started on shaky ground, I was determined to give it another chance, to see if we could find common ground and build something meaningful together.

As I lay there, watching the crimson liquid flow from my veins into the IV bag, I prayed silently for his recovery.

And as I felt the last drop of blood leave my body, I knew that no matter what happened next, I had done everything in my power to save the man who had become my husband.

"Will he be okay doctor?" I asked the doctor with a negative feeling who was operating Mr Wang.

"I can't say anything now, we will try our best" He said taking the Blood pouch leaving me to rest for some time. But it wasn't the time for me to rest. I needed to go and I wanted to.

The doctor's words echoed in my mind as I struggled to sit up, the room spinning around me. Nausea washed over me in waves, threatening to overwhelm me as I fought to keep my composure.

Despite the overwhelming sense of dizziness and unease, I knew that I couldn't stay lying down. I needed to be there for Mr Wang, to support him and stand by his side through this ordeal. With a determined effort, I pushed myself upright, willing myself to overcome the queasiness that threatened to consume me.

Taking a deep breath, I steadied myself and made my way out of the hospital room, my heart heavy with worry for his well-being. As I walked down the corridor, each step felt like a struggle, but I knew that I couldn't let my own discomfort get in the way of being there for him.

Reaching the waiting area, I sank into one of the chairs, my head spinning with a mixture of fear and anxiety. Time seemed to stretch on endlessly as I waited for any news, my mind racing with a million different scenarios and possibilities.

And as I waited for any sign of hope, I prayed silently for his recovery, hoping against hope that he would pull through this ordeal and emerge stronger than ever before.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I sat in the dimly lit waiting area, overwhelmed by a profound sense of guilt and regret. Each tear that fell from my eyes felt like a heavy weight upon my soul, a poignant reminder of the pain and suffering that I had inadvertently caused.