7. Talking with Each Other Finally

Wang Yibo's POV

Three Days Later,

I slowly blinked my eyes open, squinting against the harsh glare of the hospital room's fluorescent lights. A light blue ceiling greeted my gaze, and for a moment, I couldn't quite recall where I was or how I ended up there.

As my senses started to come back to me, I realized my hands felt heavier than usual, and I glanced down to see them wrapped in bandages. A familiar sight of an IV drip in my arm confirmed my suspicion - I was in a hospital.

My mind raced to piece together the events that led me here. I remembered leaving the bar, the sound of cars passing by on the dimly lit streets. Then, a sudden blur as something - a car, I think - collided with me. Everything after that was a bit fuzzy.

Questions buzzed in my head like an annoying fly. Who found me? How bad was the accident? And when could I get out of here?

With a sigh, I closed my eyes, hoping a few moments of peace might clear the fog in my mind.

I nodded in gratitude as the doctor helped me sit up slowly, my muscles protesting against the movement. With his assistance, I managed to prop myself up against the pillows, taking in deep breaths to steady myself.

"Thanks," I muttered, my voice a little raspy from disuse.

The doctor nodded, a reassuring smile on his face. "Take it easy, Mr. Wang. You've been through quite an ordeal."

An ordeal indeed, I thought, though the details remained hazy in my mind

An ordeal indeed, I thought, though the details remained hazy in my mind. As I tried to piece together what happened, the doctor began to explain the extent of my injuries and the treatment I had received. It was a lot to take in, but I listened intently, grateful for any information that might shed light on my situation.

With each passing moment, I felt a little more grounded, a little more in control of my surroundings. And though I still had many questions, I knew that for now, I was in good hands.

"Dr, how did you know my name?" I asked, bewildered by the absence of my family and it was obvious that there was no presence of Xiao Zhan.

"Your name? Oh, it was in your wallet," the doctor replied calmly, disconnecting my IV drip. I glanced around, searching for any sign of Xiao Zhan, but found none.

"Mr. Wang Yibo, you're quite lucky," the doctor remarked, his tone reassuring.

"You have such a beautiful caring partner," I muttered, my mind racing with confusion.

"But where's he? Isn't he coming today?" He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked bewildered.

"Soon after we admitted you here, one of the people who brought you called him. He came within ten minutes, clearly worried about you," the doctor explained, his smile reassuring. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks - Xiao Zhan had been by my side all along, selflessly caring for me.