PROLOGUE 3.

"Those tight enough, baby? Can you still hear me?" Ryan asked Fawn, getting her headphones tight enough to stay on her head, so they couldn't be tugged off in the large crowd.

"I'm okay!" she smiled.

"Can we go now? You two are gonna make me vomit," Scott groaned, scrolling through his phone. Ryan rolled his eyes, his hand linking with Fawns.

"Yes, yes, let's go," he groaned in annoyance. Fawn laughed at this, practically tugging her boyfriend toward the crowd.

They were immediately jammed in the middle of the large, screaming crowd. She tried to stand tall in the crowd, but it was no use so she pulled out her phone with a huff, her head resting on Ryan's bicep as he conversated with Scott.

Suddenly, an old, beat up black car, blasting music as loud as the radio would go ran into the curb and straight into the parking lot, taking up a couple of spaces as a bunch of familiar teens climbed out like clowns in a clowncar.

Fawn's eyes landed on Jess, standing alone in the crowd as Bobby- Jess's college baseball legend boyfriend- took a picture with a "fan". Fawn gently tugged on Ryan's arm, getting his attention as she practically dragged him off.

"Hey! Jess, this is the last place I thought I'd see you tonight!" Fawn unintentionally yelled at Jess, trying to be heard in her own head. Jessica didn't even realize, as she was used to it by now.

"Yeah, you and me both. And, it's nice to see you, Ryan. I think I hardly ever see you out," Jess pointed out. Fawn looked up at her boyfriend as he responded.

"Yeah, life's been pretty goddamn hectic. But, it's your dad's store anyways. But hey, it's Thanksgiving, so let's live it up!" Ryan grinned with a cheer.

"Twelve hours ago you said Thanksgiving was overrated," Fawn rolled her eyes at him. Jess laughed at this.

"That was twelve hours ago, jerk," he shoved her playfully.

"You two are adorable. What are you doing here, anyways?" Jess questioned.

"Phone,"

"Waffle iron. You?"

"Evan ruined Yulia's lipstick, Evan punched a Hanover kid, broke his phone. We were supposed to be at the movies, but whatever," Jess shrugged.

"Better get back in... Uh... Whatever that is," Fawn referenced the large crowd screaming behind the barriers.

"Yeah, your dad's stores insane! Look at all these people," Ryan gawked at the large crowd.

"Yeah- uh, sorry, guys, I have to catch up with the group. You- you can join us, if you want," Jessica spoke, referring to the friend group who ran ahead.

"Shit, I gotta catch up with Scott," Ryan sighed. Fawn looked up at Ryan.

"Can I go with Jess? I haven't seen Bobby in a while," Fawn asked.

"Yeah, yeah, go, go ahead. I'll meet up with you inside, call me if shit goes down, I'll come get you. Actually, let me walk you, this place is nerve wracking even for me." Ryan spoke.

"Yeah, okay," Fawn shrugged.

"So, uh, what are you guys doing Saturday night?" Ryan asked.

"I'm going to the Cap with Bobby. I don't know about anyone else," Jess shrugged, her hands in her pockets.

"All right, well- excuse me! - We're having a little get together with our friends," Ryan let go of Fawn's hand, wrapping his arms around her waist to hold her tighter and grabbing Jess's wrist with the other hand.

"His friends," Fawn whispered with a giggle.

"-excuse me! If you guys wanted to come by. It's just gonna me, Fawn, Scott, a couple people..." Ryan continued.

"I can't. Bobby's only in town till Monday, so..." Jess excused. Fawn pouted.

"Seriously!? I didn't even know he was in town until today!" Fawn groaned out in annoyance.

"You all should swing by early! We could play drinking games, have a good time. Scott got Kegs," Ryan chuckled. Jess seemed a bit caught off guard by this, as you couldn't catch Fawn dead around alcohol.

"She's all set, guys. Come on, let's go," Bobby scooted himself into the picture, wrapping an arm around his girl. The way he spoke and looked at Ryan made Fawn uncomfy, but she didn't mention it.

"Wait for me!" Fawn shouted.

"Stay safe!" Ryan pecked the top of her head.

"Will do. I love you!" She shouted as Ryan began to walk off.

"I love you more! Don't die!" He joked.

"Ah, what a charmer. Come on, let's go," Jess laughed. Bobby also laughed, swinging an arm around Fawns shoulder.

"Golden arm! How's UCLA holding up?" Fawn asked her old friend.

"It's going! It's great to be back and see everyone again. How have you been holding up?" Bobby asked.

"Holding," she shrugged.

"Aren't we all," Jess responded, "And, chill, Ry was just helping."

"Oh what a gentleman," Bobby rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, he is," Fawn butted in, reminding them that she was still there, "Ev!"

Evan turned around, Gabby on his back. He sat her down and opened his arms wide for arguably his favorite in the friend group. Somehow they got around the crowd and barriers and stood by the employee entrance. He hugged Fawn tightly. "Faaaaawn!"

"Oh my God, hi! Gabby told me so much about you! I'm Yulia, Scuba invited me," a blonde smiled.

"Fawn, hi!" Fawn hugged the girl, then Scuba and Gabby. Despite the stereotype, Fawn was actually a very touchy person, not that anyone really minded.

"Hey!" a voice yelled loudly. A masculine voice. Everyone else heard it before Fawn did, "Hey, you! We got some unfinished business, you fuck!"

"Who?" Fawn whispered, directed at Scuba.

"Oh, fuck, that's the guy from Hanover I punched!" Evan exclaimed. Fawn just nodded, accepting this as this was the most Evan thing he could've done.

"Fuck you!" the Hanover guy yelled from just behind the barrier.

"Shut up, you fucking pig! At least we don't drive 20 minutes to fuck with some highschool kids! Sounds a bit pedophilic, yeah?" Fawn shot back.

"Suck my cock! Pussy!" Both Scuba and Evan took it apon themselves to scream out.

"Bitch!" Scuba added on. Fawn rolled her eyes.

These are my friends. Why again?