Rough Morning

You groan awake to the sound of encouraging music playing from your phone. Sighing, you reach across your nightstand to tap your phone back to silence. You rub your eyes, trying to fight the urge to remain comfy and warm in bed. "You up, lovie?" a familiar voice whispers softly beside you. You hum in response, turning over to face your lover. "Kinda." You whisper in response, smiling weakly. Vessel returns the smile, stroking your cheek gingerly. His bodily warmth envelopes you- his touch filling your heart with peace. He shifts forward and plants a kiss against the bridge of your nose. "Let's get up then. I'll make you some coffee." Vessel says, eagerly swinging his legs out from under the covers and unto the floor with a thud. Vessel is fully awake and making coffee for the both of you, but you stay put in bed, staring at the ceiling; you were beginning to doze off again. "Come on, lovie." Ves beckoned from the kitchen. You groan, turning over in bed and losing track of time, fading in and out of slumber. After what felt like an hour to Vessel but only a few seconds to you, he finally losses his patience. He throws the covers off you, picking you up bridal style, and carrying you into the kitchen. He places you down gently unto a bar stool in the kitchen, promptly handing you a cup of coffee. Ves lowers himself to look you in the eyes, smiling. "I'm sorry darling. You needed to get up, you've got work soon. Don't be too upset." he chuckles at your dirty look toward him and gingerly guides a loose strand of hair behind your ear.
"I love you." whispers Ves, resting his forehead against yours. You smile at this, finally. "I love you too." You kiss him gently before taking a sip of coffee and attempt to wake up completely.

Groggily, you brush your teeth and hair, struggling into your work uniform. Ves is frying some eggs in a pan in the kitchen, the sound and smell making your mouth water. Eventually, you gather your things for work into your bag and set them aside onto the couch. Ves beckons you into the kitchen for breakfast and you both enjoy your meal together, chatting casually. You finish up and he gathers both plates into the sink. You sink into the couch beside your bag for a moment of rest before work. Vessel walks towards you and plops himself down beside you, snaking an arm around your waist. "I hope you have a wonderful day today, my love. Tell me all about it when you return." he says, stroking your waist and resting his head against yours. You nod and smile, basking in the attention and affection of your lover. "Only if you tell me about yours when I get back." you respond softly. "Thank you for breakfast."
"And helping you keep your job by not being late... again." he smirks, removing his hand from your side and crossing his arms. You chuckle, kissing his forehead briefly before gathering your bag for work. "What would I ever do without you, my humble king." Vessel chuckles at your remark, waving at you as you leave for work.