Part 20

Chapter 20

TSUNADE SENJU

"How?" the redheaded jinchuriki of the kyubi questioned in a tone that was nearly feral.

Her chakra rippled through the room, its sheer force and density a massive surprise as the very lights in the apartment began to flicker as the Kushina stared at her.

"Because you are not the last of the Uzumaki," she told the redhead, who stilled at those words, her eyes widening as her face went through a mirage of emotions. Hurt. Anger. Rage before it settled down into one of relief and joy, her eyes watered up as she looked at her and spoke up in a shaky voice.

"You are telling the truth?" she questioned, and Tsunade nodded.

"I am. As many suspected, many families were scattered all over the continent after the War, separated from their heritage with no one to depend on. They were hunted down and then killed or enslaved," she said and saw the redhead rage at those words. For all that could have been prevented by some semblance of effort on Konoha's part, yet the village had done little for their sister village and had basically abandoned the people of her grandmother's village.

"But some years ago, a young lord hired me and Shizune for a mission," she began as she told him of Akihito.

"A mission to rescue a woman and a child from the Kusagakure, a woman and child with red hair," she finished and saw the redhead's eyes widen at those words.

"Uzumaki!" she gasped out, and she nodded with a smile.

"He had little proof that we would find them there, little information, but he seemed certain, and through some sort of miracle, he was right. And we were able to rescue them, two women with hair just like you," she said and saw the red hair touch her locks.

"Kirirn and Karin Uzumaki, with the little girl barely over a year old at that time," she told her and saw an elated expression appear on her face as she spoke up.

"And they are still alive? Did you tell them about me? About the village?" Kushina questioned, and she nodded.

"I did, told them of our clan's status and even offered them a chance to come and join the village," she told her, and she had done so.

"But they refused," she told her and saw the redhead frown at those words.

"Why?" she questioned. And she sighed as she leaned back in her chair.

"Let's just say that their experience with shinobi until that point had been unkind," she began as she thought of how to phrase it in the best way possible.

"So, she didn't wish for her daughter to lead such a life, and so she decided to stay in the capital, taking the offer of the said young lord and joined his household," she told her and saw Kushina look down for a moment as she grit her teeth, as she gave a little nod understanding their sentiment.

"Why didn't you tell of this earlier?" she questioned, anger and frustration laced her tone as she cast an accusatory glance at her, and she couldn't help but look down.

"I couldn't. When I told her that you were a shinobi, she didn't react in the best way and told me to not to disclose hers and her daughter's existence to you unless it became necessary, and after what she had been through and what I saw become of this village I thought it better to let them hide away," she said and Kushina grit her teeth, her fists balled up.

She saw her mind race as she sniffed and wiped away the unshed tear from her eyes.

"I can understand that," she replied as she nodded and gave her a nod.