Exposition

Garmadon reached for another handhold on the jagged, spiky cliff, clinging to the slick black stone.

"This is madness!" he snapped, pausing his ascent for a moment to send a fierce glare at the Overlord. "You test me, Garmadon? Ninjago's rightful ruler?!"

The Overlord hissed in return, pulsing with sinister purple light as he circled Garmadon, floating above him. "Patience, Garmadon. All will make sense in time. For now, follow my instructions."

"To what end? Maybe I don't want to follow you blindly."

For a moment there was no sound but the crashing of waves against the rocks below.

Then the Overlord hissed, taking in a raspy breath as he got closer to Garmadon. "My master plan has been in the works since the beginning of time. Every piece moves in perfect harmony like the gears of a clock, slowly shifting the balance of power back to darkness. Every piece, that is, except for you and your wretched creation."

"Yes, yes, he was a mistake," Garmadon retorted bitterly as he reached for another handhold. "I understand that well enough. I should have gotten rid of him when I had the chance."

The Overlord loomed closer. "Patience. You will have another chance. The ninja will come to stop you."

"And what happens then? If I need to remind you, I don't have an army."

If the Overlord had a mouth, he would have grinned.

"Of course you have an army."

"Yeah? What army?"

"My army."

-X-

Aki sighed, leaning on Cole for support as they walked back to the Bounty. The vague feeling of foreboding that settled somewhere in his gut had only increased the closer they got to the ship parked outside the museum.

...was it considered parked if it was a ship? Would docked be more accurate?

Aki shook off the thoughts. That wasn't what he needed to focus on right now.

In all honesty, he was dreading whatever conversation Wu and Misako wanted to have. To make things even worse, that the adrenaline had worn off, his headache had decided to bother him again. He sighed. All he wanted to do was figure out what the heck was going on with the fact he could literally summon fire in his hands.

Something hit him in the back of the head. "Ow!" He exclaimed, turning around. Nya glared at him. "What is wrong with you?"

"You're an idiot. You were supposed to stay on the ship!" She narrowed her eyes, gesturing wildly with her hands as she stepped towards Aki.

"...oops?"

"Oops? Oops!? I'll show you oops!" She leaned forwards like a cat about to pounce, but Jay held her back before she could lunge at the clone.

"Uh, h-hey, Nya." His face flushed and he looked away, flustered.

"Jay," she growled, "let me at him."

"You can pummel him later," Cole cut in, letting go of Aki to rest a hand on Nya's shoulder, "Wu and Misako have something they want to tell us."

Nya sighed and relaxed in Jay's grip. "Fine."

"Students!" Sensei Wu called, catching their attention. Jay let go of Nya's arms and she nearly fell forwards, stumbling and then catching herself before she could fall. Jay rubbed the back of his head nervously as he followed Cole and Zane to the bridge. Lloyd offered his arm to Aki, who took it reluctantly.