Chapter 13: Wake-up Call

As she stepped into their little home, she immediately paused, caught off-guard by the rare opportunity she'd walked in on.

Opportunity she fully intended on taking full advantage of. She bit her lip, stifling an excited giggle as she swiftly shucked her work robes, leaving them in a wrinkled heap on the floor. They'd keep until later.

There was little question she wouldn't have long, what with his heightened senses courtesy of his wolf and his more than heightened awareness of her courtesy of their mate-bond. But it was enough. On light feet she crossed the room and sank down beside her mate where he was sprawled back on the thick rug in front of the fireplace, snoring softly.

Chapter Text
As she stepped into their little home, she immediately paused, caught off-guard by the rare opportunity she'd walked in on.

Opportunity she fully intended on taking full advantage of. She bit her lip, stifling an excited giggle as she swiftly shucked her work robes, leaving them in a wrinkled heap on the floor. They'd keep until later.

There was little question she wouldn't have long, what with his heightened senses courtesy of his wolf and his more than heightened awareness of her courtesy of their mate-bond. But it was enough. On light feet she crossed the room and sank down beside her mate where he was sprawled back on the thick rug in front of the fireplace, snoring softly.

All while deliciously shirtless.

It was a view she very much appreciated.

Not exactly what she'd consider her first or even second choice of locale for a late afternoon nap - especially as he'd chosen the floor instead of the perfectly serviceable couch not even a metre away - but she had to admit to the appeal of drowsing in front of a happily crackling fire when it was such a dreary, damp winter's day outside.

Knowing her time was already running out as he shifted in his sleep, an arm lifting to pillow behind his head as he turned his face toward her from the warmth of the hearth, she didn't hesitate.

With deft fingers she was traced the dusting of dark hair delineating his defined torso down toward his waistband before pressing her lips to his warm skin, delighting in the subtle tensing of his abdominal muscles under her lips even as she made short work of the fastenings of his jeans. As though well aware of her intentions even if its owner had yet to rouse, his cock was already hardening even as she freed it from its denim confines, eager for her attention. Something she encouraged with equal enthusiasm.

As her lips closed around his head, he groaned, his lids fluttering. She resisted a smile as his fingers threaded of their own accord into her hair, instead committing more fully to taking him deeper into her mouth, swirling and licking and sucking with slow, deliberate bobs as she watched his features.

She knew the moment he was dragged back to consciousness: his jaw, which had gone lax as she brought him swiftly to full-hardness with the combined efforts of her lips and tongue and hands, clenched, hissing as his hips jerked in an aborted thrust. But she didn't relent. She just watched, certain her enjoyment was clear in her eyes as they met his slitted gaze over the broad expanse of his well-muscled torso. His fingers tightened briefly in her hair, the sting sending a prickle of pleasure-pain skittering from her scalp down toward the slowly growing pool of heat between her legs.

"Pet," he rumbled, his gaze as hot on her skin as a physical touch. She could tell he was a hair's breadth from hauling her up his body as he usually did when his eagerness to get inside her overwhelmed his enjoyment of seeing her mouth around his cock; his fingers were flexing in her hair and trailing along her forearm as his hips pressed up against her restraining palm.

So instead, she drew back, letting him fall from her lips with a wet pop. He made short work of his jeans, reaching for her as she finished shimmying out of her remaining clothes. But she playfully swatted his hands away as she clambered atop him to straddle his thighs, enjoying the view sprawled out below her immensely. He was all broad, hard muscle, his tanned skin liberally scored with old, pale scars and a dusting of dark, coarse hair that narrowed toward his navel before leading enticingly straight to his proudly twitching cock.