Marry Me (Obi-wan x Cody)

“Anakin, I can’t marry her” 

“Obi, we don’t have a choice. Our father will murder us if we go back on our word” 

Obi-wan could only sigh looking in the mirror, he was having so many doubts regarding his royal arrangement of a marriage. The individual he was marrying wasn’t the one he wanted to marry but to keep the royal blood, he was being set up to marry the Duchess of Kalevala who was to rule the kingdom of Mandalore once her father stepped down. She was a beautiful intelligent woman but Obi-wan just wasn’t in love with the idea, instead he had feelings for another one he wished he had confessed to earlier. Instead, his father had set him up since being a child, he and the Duchess were to be wed and if either were found sleeping with another would put shame on their kingdoms. 

“I know you love someone else but we will work through this big brother” Anakin whispered as Dooku entered the room of his eldest son. Obi-wan stood tall almost like he was a royal guard as his father spoke about expectations and how proud he was of his son. 

Elsewhere…

“Are you almost ready! It’s not often we get an invite to the royal wedding not to mention that it wouldn’t have happened without the position your brother had with the King” 

A hand shook his shoulder turning his body gently around revealing his sick eyes, “Codes, you good?”. Turning Cody could only see one of his brothers shaking him awake, he nodded unsteadily climbing to his feet. 

“Father, Cody is sick”

“Rex..” Cody hissed as he was gently pressed back on the bed by gentle hands. 

“Kote?” 

“I’m fine dad, I…” Cody looked off to the side only for a hand to gently guide his head towards the worried blue eyes of his father. None other than Jango Fett was staring back at him, the older man gently pressed a hand against his twenty-one year old's forehead, the heat coming off it was quite worrying. 

“Son, tell me how you are feeling and don’t lie,” Jango warned, making a herbal remedy for his feverish son who had a job to do today. Cody sighed, “My head is spinning so is my stomach, I feel like throwing up and my whole body hurts but I also know I have several of the royal necessities today. Dad, I will be okay. I’m on Boba watch” Cody tried to reassure his dad who pulled him close. 

King Jango had trained his son to be not only a ruler but the leader of the Fett Army, Cody had worked his way up the ranks from a shiny to Marshall Commander, he never liked the royal title but he managed to earn everyone’s respect. Cody didn’t like using his status as nothing felt right to him as he made sure to stop for everyone. 

“Son, I know your visit to the Coruscant kingdom was eventful according to your brother. Fox was worried when you ended a training session early and vanished for a good thirty minutes. Tell me, did King Dooku do something to you?” Jango questioned watching his son flinch, Cody shrugged until he nodded by his father’s stare. 

Jango watched in confusion as Cody stood up and walked over to his mirror, Jango followed him only to gasp as Cody removed his t-shirt revealing to his father a burn mark which had been purposely done. It was letters that had been burned into his skin, Cody tried not to flinch when Jango traced the four letter word, he glared at the window as he helped Cody rebandage the word that meant nothing to the two of them. 

“Kote, that does not define you. I will have a word with him, no man brands any of my sons. You are not a ‘slut’ and never will be, I know you and Obi-wan trained together for years and I’m not blind, I have seen the way the two of you hide the love you have for one another but know that we have no place in saying this especially since we are almost at war with the kingdom. I know you have sacrificed a lot for you being young but know that I am by your side for the rest of it, I love you son and will do anything to make sure you are happy. So let’s get through today and then we will have a longer talk later. I will ask Rex to watch Boba today and maybe he can visit your cousins. I know the ‘bad batch’ as Boba calls them are visiting today. 99 has to go to the wedding so how would you like to stay here and I with 99 will go in the place of you” Jango suggested, a knock on the door had Jango opening the door to see Fox, his eldest entering the room with his mask on which was removed as fury was written over his features.