fight first, cry later

Right... I remember now. All of it. All of the memories... of the time even before I was Roxanne... it all came back. And I remember... that the first person to come after my head is the man who is standing right in front of me. This creature... he cornered me back then, and I had to take my own life in order to escape. Since I always slipped through his hand, he made me reincarnate again and again. The screams of my supporters grow louder, and they go into full aggressive offense. Felix keeps looking at me. "So you believe you can beat me in a fair fight now?" I relax my shoulders. "It doesn't matter. If I don't, I'll kill you in my next life." He gives me a half-hearted smile. I breathe in and out. It takes only one blink for him to throw a hook at me. However, his fist is being stopped by Dion. "Like I'd ever let you lay a finger on my leader's girl." Tristan is seemingly annoyed by the interruption and throws a series of punches at Dion. He is too slow to dodge them, so instead, he blocks them with his elbows. "You are not worth my attention." Tristan states. Suddenly, someone hits Dion's head from behind with a metall bar. But I don't have time to worry about him since Tristan now directs his attention toward me. I do a 360 and hit him with a roundhouse kick. "Beautiful... so you actually learned how to dance in this life again." He comments as he holds against it with one arm. I dodge a counterattack and quickly take out my knife. I want to hit him in the opening only to realize it was a trap. He hits my shoulder with his elbow, and I can only slide to the side. I take a few short steps backward as he doesn't leave me more time to rest. He is already in front of me, taking out a knife himself. "It's my turn now. Watch and learn!" He keeps attacking me with the same speed as he did with Dion, so just like him, I can only block the offense with my arms, resulting in me receiving many cuts. I bet this psycho is smiling right now. I grit my teeth and strike back but miss him by a few inches. He looks at me with a grin I haven't seen on his face for centuries. "No matter the era, you are always fun to play with. You could have just accepted me and tied yourself to me. You wouldn't have lived badly like this. And still, you are valuing something irrational like freedom. Weren't you lonely? Always striving for more and no room to improve once you have gained it. This ambition is nothing that will ever satisfy you." I don't get distracted by his words and pull out another butterfly. Let's do it with two hands now. "The only way to achieve freedom is through limitless power. I am striving to become so powerful that I will be greater than fate. And free... I am nothing but ambition. Of course, it's lonely. It's cruel and dark and doesn't make you happy. But the idea is not to be happy. The idea is to live with no regrets. And then suddenly after so many years I found that there was a man with the potential of joining me. I hoped for my loneliness to be cured and for my suffering to turn into satisfaction. But you keep coming in between us. Between me and Dorian. There is no space for you. I don't care if the world breaks down, I will eliminate you who is standing in my way." I use the fighting style I have learned from Dion and manage to hurt Felix on his cheek. He seems to lose balance for a moment. I seize it and stab him in the side. He pushes me away and tears out the weapon. Then he goes for a counterattack. "I can't possibly understand what you are implying. But I know that your illusion of freedom is nothing achievable." I dodge and manage to land a hit on his already bloody wound. He doesn't react and forces me to the ground, the knive right above my throat. "Checkmate. You have gotten so strong, darling! I'm impressed. Well, and if I end you, you know, you will forever be mine." He pushes the blade down. I hold against it with my bare hands. But the difference in absolute strength is too big. "Why did I know this had to happen?" I simply say. Suddenly, there are bombs rolling our ways. Only a couple of meters away from us, they detonate. Both Felix and I get carried away by the explosion. He looks around hectically and notices Ria at a safe distance, sitting and watching the spectacle. A remote control in her hand. I run toward Felix and hug him as tightly as I can. He realizes it. "You are crazy..." I laugh. "Hell yes, I am." Ria throws another bomb exactly at us. Sadly, I don't hold onto Felix tight enough, and he manages to free himself and break my left leg. Then he makes a run for it. I am stuck in place with ten seconds left on the timer. Once again... I didn't win. What a shame. Five seconds before the detonation, I'm suddenly grabbed and shielded by someone. Both of us are thrown meters away by the explosion. This woman... she protected me. I sit up. "Miya, what the hell?" She opens her eyes slightly. I can see it. Her back is completely burned, and her organs seem to be injured fatally. Even I got a couple of burns and bruises from that. I'm dizzy. "That was pretty cool, right?" I get down to hear her words better. "Yes and totally idiotic as well. You have just started your singer career, and you're already going for suicide..." She chuckles slightly. "You know, I had to do this because I remember now. After all, you are my precious trophy. I need to protect you at all costs. I hope I was of help to you, but since I am tired... I will rest up first." I bite my lower lip. "Yes, you were more than that. You helped me more than anyone." Her burned body seems to turn cold all of a sudden. "You are such a liar. You said we were gonna rule the world together one day, don't you remember? Hey... Miya... at least listen to what I have to say first, you rude little freak!" My lip starts bleeding. I give Miya a kiss on her forehead, bidding her my final farewell and not allowing myself to shed a single tear. I can cry later. But now I have to fight till the end.