Chapter 3

Emerson was laying in her bed staring at the ceiling, headphones in her ears. When she got back home she couldn't fall back asleep so she just laid there, her mind wondering. She was snapped out of her thoughts by Stiles barging into her room, making Emerson sit up from her place to face Stiles. "Where did you go last night Mer?" She sighed, of course Stiles noticed she had left, she laid back down, running a hand through her face. Stiles made his way to her bed, laying next to her.

He turned his head so he was looking at her as he waited for a reply. "I had another nightmare," she confessed quietly, Stiles furrowing his eyebrows, "why didn't you wake me, I would have stayed with you." Emerson nodded, "I know you would but I needed fresh air, I couldn't stay here." Stiles slowly nodding in understanding, "did you have a panic attack?"
"Yeah I did," Stiles sits up filled with concern, "what? Oh my god Mer, are you ok? How did you stop it? What-" Emerson stops his rambling, "I'm alright Stiles, you don't have to worry ok?"

"Emerson you're my sister, of course I'm going to worry," Emerson turned her head,finally making eye contact with Stiles, she offered him a small smile reaching for his hand, giving it a light squeeze. They both layed in Emerson's bed enjoying each other's company,they knew they had to get ready to go to school soon, but neither one of them made any attempt to get up.

»┼)➝ »┼)➝ »┼)➝ »┼)➝ »┼)➝ »┼)➝ »┼)➝

Emerson sat at her desk next to Lydia, the teacher was writing math problems for the class to solve and Emerson couldn't care less. She sat quietly drawing in her sketchbook, the teacher had called Lydia and Scott to the front to solve the equations making her stop her actions, and focus on her friends. She saw how Lydia was whispering something to Scott and how the boy was clearly frustrated, Emerson had a clue of what Lydia was talking to the boy about, after all she spent the beginning of the class listening to Lydia's questions about Scott not playing in the game.

After finishing her problem Lydia turns with a flip of her hair, and making her way back to her desk, turning to Emerson. "I just threatened your friend to make sure he played." Emerson snorting at the comment, she turns to Lydia, "What the hell are you talking about Lyds," she chuckled out. Lydia nods, humming, "he needed motivation, so I gave him some," she shrugs, "Jackson can't play and the team needs someone to lead them to victory, I can't have my boyfriend be the loser captain of the lacrosse team Emmie."

"But Lyds, he already is." Emerson smirked at the girl beside her, Lydia not being impressed with the girl's remark, telling her to be nice. "So what did you threaten him with, hmm?" Emerson asked, Lydia sending her friend an innocent smile, twirling a piece of her hair between her fingers. "Oh you know, I just told him that I would introduce Allison to some other lacrosse players, and that he would stay home watching porn by himself." Lydia shrugged, Emerson bringing her hand up to cover her mouth, trying to stop herself from laughing out loud.

"Lyds wow, that was evil," Emerson turns to her a grin playing at her lips, "I kind of love it." Lydia chuckled, "you're crazy Emmie." Emerson just nodded agreeing with her.

»┼)➝ »┼)➝ »┼)➝ »┼)➝ »┼)➝ »┼)➝ »┼)

"Scott everything is going to be okay, you gotta stop stressing cause you're also stressing me out," Emerson said running a hand through her hair. Scott sighed in reply, putting his stuff away and shutting his locker. Just as he did Stiles appears out of nowhere grabbing Scott by the shoulder and dragging him along, calling out to Emerson to follow. They made their way to a set of stairs, hiding behind a corner, Stiles points out the principal and his dad, the sheriff, who were talking across the hallway.