Eternally Yours

The Garden of Eden is truly a paradise. All the plants and flowers are vivid and beautiful, and have a sweet fragrance.

As I sit on the grass I take a deep breath of the pure air before focusing my attention on the wildlife around.

It feels as though everything is in harmony with me. And Adam of course. I glance over at him walking around observing all the nature as well.

He has walked quite far away so it's hard for me to fully see him.

My eyes dart to my side as I see some sort of creature with a yellow beak nudge into my thigh.

Its beak feels soft to the touch when it nudges against me. Its head tilted to one side, chirping with curiosity as it looked up at me.

"And what kind of creature might you be?" I ask out loud. It tilted its head again and chirped once more.

Whatever reply it was giving me was gibberish to my ears but it certainly was an adorable little creature.

I pick it up and pat it on the head gently as we both just continue to stare at one another.

After a few moments I jump at a sudden voice coming from behind me.

As I jumped with surprise at the voice, I instinctively tightened my grip on the creature.

"I call them ducks." The voice says, causing me to turn around.

The creature squirmed slightly but didn't cry out in pain or discomfort. Suddenly the voice spoke again.

"Oh my, I see I have arrived during a very adorable moment." As I make eye contact with him I immediately recognize the man. It's Lucifer.

I glance towards Adam's figure before looking back at Lucifer. "I don't think you should be here. Adam won't be happy." I say slightly louder than a whisper.

He gives me the most innocent look he can pull off before saying, "What, me being here is surely not a problem. I have just come for a friendly visit."

The expression on his face says that he knows that's complete bullshit, even though his tone was polite and sincere.

"He told me I shouldn't talk to you." I admit. Adam never explained why he didn't like Lucifer or why I shouldn't talk to him.

I've never questioned him or what he's told me. All I know is that I was created for Adam and I should do everything in my power to be his equal and keep him happy.

Lucifer's lips curl up in a mocking grin at those words. "Did he now? But I see nothing wrong with just a friendly chat to pass the time." And he chuckles again as he takes a seat next to me.

I hum out as I think. "I suppose you're right. A friendly conversation never hurts anybody." As I finish saying this I give him a small smile.

His grin only grows as I hum out my agreement. "So.. What's your name? I don't think Adam ever mentioned it."

"My name's (Y/N)." I pet the duck some more as I respond.

He chuckles a little bit as he sees me petting the duck. "Aww, my little duckie seems to be enjoying your attention."

He leans over a little to give the duck a little pet as well. "I'm Lucifer, Lucifer Morningstar."

"Well it's nice to officially meet you." The duck chirps at all the attention it's receiving.

"Same here! So, how much of paradise have you explored already? Has Adam shown you everything?"

I glance away, focusing on the duck. "He actually doesn't like me leaving this area. He says it's safer for me that way."