ii. ↳ of sports and controversies

|| ▷ ↺
1:06━━━●──────2:52
"𝘓𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 (𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦). 𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦?"
— 𝘓𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘜𝘱., 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘚𝘵𝘺𝘭𝘦𝘴
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

December 12, 2021📍Abu Dhabi, The United EmiratesYas Marina Circuit

December 12, 2021
📍Abu Dhabi, The United Emirates
Yas Marina Circuit

THE GERMAN RACING DRIVER, Adrian Sutil, once rated the Yas Marina Circuit stating that, "there was too much light at Marina Bay." It was the concept of the track, that has since seen many modifications, being bright. Bright defined the reflection of a lot of light; of vibrant colors. Abu Dhabi could shine just as brightly as any person, but a person could never shine as bright as the Golden City.

Almira Ayres, like Adrian Sutil, personally liked the lights at Marina Bay. She liked the way it illuminated her skin, and she loved the way the lights followed her wherever she went. She hated the flicker of the cameras, but she loved the flashes, she loved being momentarily blinded by the lights. They were a path for her, not a deviation. They were the reason for her existence, as they were also the reason for all the other people who put themselves in harm's way for the thrill.

There was no explanation for her liking the luminescence. She had her theories, each more crazy than the last. Each opening its own door to a deep scar of Almira's life.

The first theory was that she was a performer. She raced for people's entertainment, for her own satisfaction. She was like a gladiator, or a ballerina, caught in an endless cycle of death. Her family were those that watched the races go on, that had stakes in Formula teams, but she was the entertainer holding the mantle of the Ayres Legacy walking on a thin tight rope.

The second theory was that the lights had been an amazing way to cope with everything else around her. Formula One was a busy sport, and it required so much of her physically, mentally, and socially. People just expect her as an F1 driver to speed up time, but all she wanted was a second of it, a second to truly enjoy it. Perhaps for a second, while her eyes grew accustomed to the white seer, everything around her was allowed to go by slowly.

The third theory was simpler; she just really loved the applause. She really loved feeling hopeless for a moment, she enjoyed the rush of adrenaline, the feeling of excitement that raced through her veins. She loved when people cheered for her, when they called out her name.

Almira Ayres, the stands chanted. They cheered when they saw her face along the paddock. She was the great hope for the Ayres Dynasty, and everyone made sure she wouldn't forget it. She was beloved by her country, by her friends and family. It wasn't her time to shine along the Yas Marina lights, but the small moments were everything to her. They were enough to make her wonder of a time where she'd be the one fighting for a championship. She'd won multiple accolades, but a Formula One Championship basically cemented your place in the Hall of Fame. She wanted an ivory statue of her to stand beside her grandfather and father. She wanted it all, it appeared, and she just had to climb her way up the infinite ladder.