♛ 2 𝙘𝙤𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣

╔══ ⋆ ↣ ♛ ♥︎ ♛ ↢ ⋆ ══╗third person pov6:57 amaugust 1st╚══ ⋆ ↣ ♛ ♥︎ ♛ ↢ ⋆ ══╝

third person pov
6:57 am
august 1st
╚══ ⋆ ↣ ♛ ♥︎ ♛ ↢ ⋆ ══╝

THE SANDS of Althea's beach were still, the only movement coming from the gentle lapping of waves under the awakening sun.

The neon pink trail from the fallen lion had faded, but its remnants led Lucida —the royal advisor and close friend of the royal family— along with the knights through the dim morning. Their path was illuminated by a faint glow from the remnants of where the quintessence vines had threaded through the landscape.

The pure energy of the intricate veins became scorched into the grasses and all across the kingdom, from the highest mountains to the ocean floor. It was ironic how a time jump caused these markings, and yet, only time will heal them.

As mature Ludica and her army steadily trekked on, the green haired woman looked down at her receiver. It that showed where the power surge and thus, the time skip originated from.

Every Althean on the planet could tell they had time travelled due to the physical effects that left them disoriented and dizzy. Not to mention the unfamiliar stars above seeming to hold secrets they could not fathom.

Brushing past those confusing facts, as well as the tall industrious grass, the armored team crested the sand dunes that overlooked the beach for miles in each direction. However, they didn't need miles, seeing as the sensor in Luci's capable hand went wild at the sight just feet away from them.

"Down here," she evenly called to the knights behind her, waiting for her orders.

As they descended the hill, the jaw of the formidable female clenched in paralyzing anxiety, though she'd never tell the soldiers on her heels. Their world and civilization was quickly diving into Hell; someone had to take charge and keep things above water.

Until the king and queen come back to take their rightful thrones, that someone is Lucida.

As they approached ground zero —which was evidentiary the Pink Lion of Voltron— its massive form was a silent sentinel on the shore. The air was thick with tension from unanswered questions and abominable assumptions.

It just sat there so lifelessly, closer resembling a statue of the great scientific marvel than the real thing. Lucida held her scanner up, and the mere left behind essence of the energy was still sending her tool off the charts.

"Is it.. still operational, ma'am?" the knight closest to the green winged woman asked.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked from the receiver to the robot and back. Her pursed lips were torn on how to answer.