Chapter 2

WHAT PART OF DO NOT BRING BACK THE WALNUT EDA CULT DID Y'ALL NOT UNDERSTAND!?!?! 😭😭😭😭
-------------------------------------------------------------
The worst thing possible for Eda is being forced to do something she doesn't want to do. 

Lilith had somehow convinced Eda to apply for college with her, and by that I mean  Lilith kept lecturing her about it until Eda gave in just so she would shut up.  Eda applied to the same college as her sister because she's sure as hell not going by herself.  What Lilith didn't tell Eda was she had to take an SAT to even go. 

Eda didn't even buy the book, and just started the test using her laptop. She was using an app on her phone called
Question.AI to answer all the questions.

(No seriously... It's the only reason I'm barely passing)

While Eda was using this app, she made sure to get a few questions wrong because she's positive nobody has gotten a perfect score on the SAT without being some type of genius. She was going for an average grade, but a little bit over enough to get in.  She then heard someone at her door. "Come in!" Eda answered, then watched her sister walk in. "Hey Lily, what's up?"  Eda asked, her gaze staying low as she continued her test. "Nothing, I just wanted to check on you"   Lilith responded, as she watched her sister use the app on a question. "I'm doing fine, just doing this dumb test" Eda replied, her annoyance clear in her tone.   "You know you can't cheat on this test right?" Lilith asked.

eda rolling her what in response. "I. Don't care, who's gonna know?" Eda asked as that was her mentality for every test she cheated on.   "But you're not learning anything, you could do poorly in school if you don't learn the material,"   Lilith said. "Lilith, it's fine. Il be just fine, now please mind your own business"     Eda said and continued the rest.

Lilith sighed, she knew there was no use in arguing. Eda had never been the ask-for-help type of person.  She felt with her problems on her own in every unhealthy way possible which is why she had a part-time job so she could afford to stuff her face with ice cream when she did have a problem or was avoiding her problems.  Lilith sighed, and then Edward walked in without knocking.  " hey I need to tell you guys something! Can you come to the living room?"  He asked. Both sisters exchanged suspicious glances but got up.

Gwen, Eda, and Lilith all sat in the living room awaiting whatever Edward was going to tell them, knowing it was going to be something stupid. "Guys... I'm joining the army!" Edward beamed. All three females looked mortified. "What!? You're joining the WHO!?"  Eda asked frantically.   Gwen got up and and left silently, refusing to acknowledge what her son just said.  "Edward come now. Be reasonable!" Lilith said and watched Edward fold his arms. "I am! I want to join the army like Dad did!" He explained. "THE ARMY IS WHAT KILLED HIM" Eda yelled. "Yeah... But that doesn't mean il die! I think I be an amazing soldier" Edward argued.

Both his sisters looked at him like he was stupid, and he was in this moment in their eyes. "Edward, come on seriously? The army? Don't you know how grueling  the training is?.." Lilith asked, in a concerned tone.  "I know... I promise il be okay, can you guys just trust me on this?" He asked, hoping for some support.  Eda sighed and looked at his brother. "Fine... I-I'm sure your head is too thick to be blown out anyway" Eda scoffed, hiding the fear in her voice. She was always food at that. Hiding her true feelings, which made it hard to know how she felt, not even her siblings could tell.

Edward smiled, then looked at Lilith. "Lilith.. Please?" He asked. Lilith nodded, forcing a smile. "I'm sure you'll be a great soldier"  she muttered.   Edward smiled and hugged them tight. "Thank k you guys! I promise I won't die" he beamed. "Yeah you better not, or il bring you back to life and then kill you myself" Eda threatened but in a playful tone. Edward chuckled nervously, hoping Eda was joking.  

A couple of months passed, and all 3 Clawthorne siblings were up to new heights. Eda and Lilith got accepted into college together, and Edward was currently packing to go to military training.   Both girls called an Uber and packed a suitcase to take with them to the dorms.   "Edalyn, do you think this is enough?" Lilith asked. "It's fine, you don't need to bring your whole damn closet... Trust me. I tried" Eda muttered.  Lilith chuckled and waved off to their brother from the window.  

Eda's life was about to change in so many remarkable ways, but soon she'd have to learn, In shadows cast by the thread of fate's design, Unknown tragedy weaves its cruel line, But in its wake, true love shall shine, Years later, destiny's plan will align. Through tears and trials, hearts will mend, The bond of love will transcend, For in the end, fate will amend, Bringing joy that shall never end. So trust the thread that weaves our story, Embrace the pain for future glory,
For in the dance of fate and time's decree.