prologue

"Noah? Scott? Breakfast is ready

"Noah? Scott? Breakfast is ready."

Anastasia never thought she'd be here, with a family. She never thought she would be married with a son, trying for a second. Leaving DC had been such a blessing for her. She had never thought about leaving her home but now that she was in Budapest, she had never been happier and never wanted to leave but clearly fate had other plans and she was not happy. Going back to DC was not in her plans.

"No need to shout, love, we're here." Scott spoke as he walked into the kitchen with Noah in his arms. He pressed a kiss to her head before placing Noah in his chair. Ana placed his breakfast in front of him before placing two more plates on the table while Scott made them both of a cup of coffee.

"Thank you, mama." Noah grinned before he started eating his breakfast.

Anastasia smiled softly as she looked at her son, "You're welcome, baby." She sat down to eat her breakfast as Scott placed a cup of coffee in front of her.

"What's wrong?" He spoke as he sat down in front of her, when she didn't say anything he continued, "Come on, love. I know something is wrong. Talk to me." He hated it when she kept things that clearly upset her to herself and refused to talk. Being the only girl in her family she took care of everyone else, keeping her feelings to herself and being the one everyone else relied on.

Anastasia sighed, "I have to go back to DC."

Scott looked at her confused, "What? Why?"

"Do you remember me telling you about what happened when I was 15?" Anastasia asked, she continued when Scott nodded in conformation, "Turns out he was released from the Hospital 2 years ago and he is back to his old ways. The BAU caught him but they want me to testify about what happened when I was 15 to ensure he goes away for a long time or get the death penalty. I don't want to testify but it's a subpoena so I don't really have a choice nor do I want to be back in DC."

Scott grabbed her hand to comfort her before pressing a kiss to it, "We're going with you."

Anastasia shook her head, "You can't. You have work and Noah has school." As much as she wanted them both with her, Scott had work and couldn't leave as he was team leader and she didn't want to disrupt Noah's education. They both had things to do so she couldn't ask them to come with her.

"I want to go with mummy." Noah spoke with a grin. He had always been a mama's boy and he definitely didn't want his mother to leave, unsure of how long she would be gone. The parents didn't really keep anything from him, telling him everything in an age appropriate way, not wanting to shield him too much from the world.

Scott chuckled at his son's enthusiasm, "See? Even little man wants to go. We're going with you."

"What am I going to do with you two?"

"Love us?"