𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐫

Dorian's POV

Dorian's POV

Insolent, petulant, disease of a girl... That's what she is. That's all she is.

She's worse than her fucking mother.

How could she do this to me? How could she be so ungrateful? After everything I've done for her, everything I've sacrificed? If I would've known for just one moment that Louisa had it in her to betray me like this, I would've buried her with dear old mommy when I had the chance. But, no. No, I had to give her a chance, all because she was a child.

I saw untapped potential, a blank slate. A dune of priceless, virgin, clay to be sculpted into a reflection of my ingenious. All that work I put into creating the perfect woman. The perfect wife.

Gone.

She betrayed me just as Penelope did before her, her tainted blood now clearly running through Louisa's veins.

I'll admit, I'm impressed that she was able to even accomplish such a feat, though I know damn good and well she couldn't have done this on her own.

How long had she been plotting against me? How did she even manage to go behind my back and manipulate someone into aiding in her escape? Right under my very nose.

It's not like someone just decided to break in here and murder three of my men, meticulously leaving Calvin and Jeanie alive, and grabbed her, without her being in on it. That would be preposterous. Laughable, even.

What kind of a psychopath would even take that risk? And for what reason?

What a fool I've been. I've made such a terrible mistake. I underestimated what a conniving, untrustworthy, bitch I raised. She almost had me convinced after all these years, too.

Almost.

She's shown me that she's not nearly as naïve and innocent as she has been pretending to be. I wonder when she faltered, when it became an act. When did she stop being a Daddy's girl and begin wearing the skin of a Jezebel?

When I get my hands on her, I swear to God...

There was a lingering thought, ever-present, in the back of my mind that Louisa truly believed in my teachings, if only out of her love for me. I thought I had successfully sheltered her from the corruption of the rest of the world, and that I had her undoubtedly under my control without any outside influences seeping into the crevices of her brain, defiling her mind.

I hate to admit that I was wrong, but it's evident that I have been blindsided. The only question being is how? And who? Who helped her?