Chapter Three

Stella guided me through the forest to 'our' father's pack house. My father was an Alpha. That was something I knew from a very long time ago.

I shuddered as I thought about what I was actually doing. I was going to see my father. The man who hurt my mother.

A part of me was excited and happy to see my father and learn about my animalistic side, but the other part of me dreads it all.

"Ready?"

"Hmm." I looked up to see Stella staring at me. "Oh, um, we're here?"

"Nearly."

I licked my lips although it wasn't dry. Anticipation washed over me.

"It's okay." Her hand was suddenly on my arm. As if she felt the uneasiness that swept through me.

I nodded.

"Okay." The words left her mouth but I hardly heard it. She felt awkward. Totally understandable since I felt the same.

As we walked for another five minutes, a huge mansion was now in our sight.

"Is that..."

"Yes." She smiled.

"Oh my god." I gasped. He had money. Okay. I knew that. But I didn't know that it was this much.

There were two huge black metal gates in front of the mansion. A tall wall, that seemed like the Great Wall Of China, surrounded the pack house. Guards also stood by the gates. Two tall, ripped men. One with a beard and dark brown eyes. The other had no beard and light blue eyes.

"Alpha Maristela," The guards bowed slightly. She smiled at them.

The one guard sniffed me. "Rogue."

"No." Stella interjected. "You wouldn't lay a paw on her if you knew who she was."

I hid behind her, scared of what they'd do to me.

"What could possibly be important about a rogue?" The one with a beard said.

"Wait." The guard with blue eyes said. "I sense . . . power. This is not an ordinary rogue. She's different."

Stella crossed her arms. "Exactly."

The guards glared at me as I followed Stella through. "Don't worry about them." She told me.

"Okay." I dragged the 'o'.

Before we could enter the mansion, another uneasy wave washed through me. I fell to my knees. That wave that washed through me was . . . power.

A man walked out from the mansion. His hair brushed to the side, casual clothes, muscular as hell. Everyone here was ripped. But this guy was bigger than the others.

"Stella," His voice was deep. "Why is there a rogue here?"

"She's not a rogue. She's. . ." Stella seemed scared to finish her sentence. By her just starting it I knew exactly who this man was.

I decided to finish it for her. I got up from the ground, resisting the power that pushed me down. I groaned. My head hurt as I fought the command. "I'm. Your. Daughter." I stood up straight and strong, using my own power.

The guy was taken back by both my power and what I've said. He looked at Stella. "Is she here?"

She shook her head. "No."

I knew who he meant. I knew he meant my mother.

God.

How worried sick my mother must be right now. How worried must my friends be. Dammit. I lost my phone when I shifted. Guess I'll have to get a new one when I get back home.

"What's your name?" He asked me. His eyes pierced through my soul, studying me.

"K-Kira." I shuddered. "Kira Argent."

"Kira." He repeated.

"Who's Kira?" A guy startled me from behind. He eyed me. "Rogue, how lovely." He licked his lips.

"Easy, Damon." My father said.

Damon. Where have I heard that name before . . .

My mother's brother. I remember she mentioned him once. And how they met after many years. She also told me once about how her aunt stole her memories and Damon helped her get them back.

"You're my mother's brother." I say.

He gasped. "Esra?" He turns to my father. "Zade?"

"I want blood tests to confirm. This rogue could be lying to us. She might be working with Azrael." Zade says and turns.

"I don't think so." Damon says then sniffs me. "She smells just like Esra."

Stella runs behind him. "Dad, I'm telling you the truth. This is her daughter. This is your daughter."

He turns to her. "I want tests done by today. That's final." He glanced at me and back at Stella. "Tell Carmen to get a sample of her blood. I'll be in my office." And he continued to walk away.

I couldn't believe he turned his back on me. On his own daughter.

"Don't mind him." Damon says. It was just me and him outside. Stella was gone with my father inside. "Let's go." He guided me into the mansion. He led me to the doctor's room.

"Sit here, dear." The doctor, who I assumed was Carmen, told me. Stella stood in the room with her arms crossed.

Without realizing it, Damon was no where to be seen. I sighed. Of course he'll leave.

I sat on the bed where I was told to sit. I didn't flinch when the needle pierced my skin. Carmen took a little bit of blood.

Once I was done, Stella came towards me. "Are you okay?" I nodded.

"Good."

"Why couldn't they just take my saliva?" I asked. "Why blood?"

She sighed. She opened her mouth but hesitated. "Uh... You see..." She sighed again. "He has a lot of doubts. He knows you're his daughter. He just doesn't want to believe it. And also... He wants to see if you're a pure blood. I mean... You're something new. We've never seen a white dire wolf before."

"Oh." I pressed my lips together. "Wow, okay."

"You know what, you let's get you cleaned up and dressed properly. I'll get food organized for you too." It was almost like she was babying me. Like a mother. Was she a mother?

She didn't look a day over twenty. But she knew my mother and I was eighteen... Remembering my age I remembered it's my birthday. Tears swelled in the corners of my eyes but I quickly pushed it away.

Stella seemed to catch on quickly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just wondering what my mother would be doing right about now."

"Your mother must be worried sick." She says.

"I know. And my friends." How worried they must all be right now.

"Come on. I'll get a room ready for you." She frowned afterwards. Like she mind linked someone.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"No. It's just my mate. He doesn't believe I found you. He'll be here in about an hour. Let's get you cleaned up."

I got up. I followed her through the corridors of the mansion. Frames of unknown people hung on the walls. Their eyes dug into your soul. Creepy.

"Here. There's clothes and everything you'll need here in this room. It's yours now." Her sentence stopped. I knew there was something else she wanted to say and I suspected and knew what she was going to say. I gladly said it for her.

"It was my mother's room." She nodded. "Thank you, Stella. I'm glad you found me and not some other pack." I smiled.

"Fate has its ways." She says before I close the door gently.