Swimming at the Quarry -3-

"Y'all are making my head hurt with these scene changes." Y/n rubs the back of her head. 
"It's the first day of summer and we've been in the sewers, saved a guy from dying, and now we're at the quarry swimming. Save some activities for the rest of the summer."
"Y/n this is real life, not a movie. These aren't scenes these are, places-environments." Eddie snaps back. Y/n rolls her eyes.
"It was a metaphor. Plus my life feels like a movie, with how fast it's ending." she mumbles the end under her breath. 
     At the quarry the boys took off their shirts and pants leaving them in (whatever the hell they were wearing.) All the boys argue over who should jump first. Y/n sits under the tree and laughs at their stupidity. "I'll go!" Bev says, unbuttoning her dress, she let it slip off and Y/n watches in awe. Bev made her way to the end of the cliff.
"Stanley you better be keeping your eyes to yourself." Y/n yells jokingly. Stanley turned around with wide eyes.
"I was Y/n, you know I wouldn't" 
"I was joking Stanley, well I wasn't joking, I just know you won't." Y/n says laughing a bit. Stanley smiles at her.
"Oh, he was totally staring." Richie says.
"Not as hard as you were." Y/n rolls her eyes.
"He's probably already seen Y/n-"
"Beep beep Richie!" Y/n yells rolling her eyes again.
"Come on!" Bev calls up the hill, and one by one the boys start to jump off the hill. Bill being the last. He turns to Y/n.
"Y-you sure you d-d-don't want to c-come." he gestures his hand and head to the water. Y/n shakes her head slowly and holds up her book.
"I'm okay, also, reallllyyyy good part in my book right now." Y/n laughs, Bill smiles softly and chuckles too.
"Bill get your ass down here." one of the boys yells.
"W-well I gotta go." He nods to Y/n, then jumps.
     This isn't all of their first times at the quarry, and this isn't the first time Y/n hasn't gone swimming with them, actually, she never has, she prefers to sit and read.
     Y/n hears a rustle in the leaves from the bushes behind her. She glanced over but saw nothing. She shrugs it off, knowing it's irrelevant, it can at most be a squirrel.
     She hears the hollers from all her friends below and smiles. She enjoys hearing them all have fun. She hears a rustle again. Her hand snaps over again, for some reason her heart races. She laughs it off again. "Stupid horror book." She rolls her eyes blaming the book.
     As her eyes glide over to her book page she hears another quick rustle, and her head whips over and she sees a lengthy skinny, black figure with skin peeling and hanging off its body. It appears to have a trash bag as skin, and the skin pulled tight on its face. It  leaps at her on all four and before she can open her mouth its hand covers her mouth and two fingers go far up her nose.
     She can't breathe. 
     She fights back and squirms. Her body heats up in a panic but she can't fight back. She opens her eyes and the black obis of a creature with airtight pressed skin is inches from her face, expressionless. She closes her eyes tightly, then feels herself fly through the wind.
     Then she feels herself falling. Her eyes open and she stretches her arms out to try to grab for something but all that surrounds her is air, and the cliff above, with the creature staring back at her momentarily, then it  vanishes.
     The splash that Y/n creates when hitting the water surface is an unpleasant feeling. She had never liked swimming, for many reasons.
     Her head submerges in the water and water seeps into her nose, since she hadn't had the time to process she was falling into water she breathed in.
     Once she pops up, coughing out water, all her friends are laughing and smiling in a circle around her.
"You know you were supposed to take your jeans off."
"Finally you joined us."
"Yeah it took you long enough." The words scramble through her head in a haze and she can't make out who said what and barely what is said.
     Finally a hand is placed on her back and she's brought to reality.
"You okay?" Stanley asks into her ear softly.
"T-t-there was-" She breathes heavily, replacing the water in her lungs with, breathable, air. She stops herself mid sentence shaking her head, coming to realization. None of it happened. It's not logical in any sense, it's just the new medications getting to her head. "Y-yeah I'm okay, the jump was further than I thought, that's all." Y/n swallows heavily.
"Why'd you come down in your clothes?" Richie snickers.
"Did I?" Y/n laughs nervously. Stanley wraps his arms around her from behind her.
"You're going to be freezing when we leave now." Stanley says caringly, but sternly.
"Sorry." Y/n whispers.
"It's fine, you're definitely school smart, not street smart in any way." Stanley laughs, still holding her close and looking down at her. Y/n presses her head against his warm, warm compared to her, chest to look up at him and smiles, she quickly glances at the cliff and sees a red balloon in the bushes afar.
     Stanley and Y/n are hit harshly in the face with a splash of water.
"Stop being all lovely dovey." Richie insists. Y/n softly pushes Stanley off and steps towards Richie.
"Oh you're so on." Y/n grins.
     After an immature splash war, Bev decided to tan. Y/n put up an argument they were around "weird, creepy, nasty, yucky, perverted, and revolting eight grade boys." she also mentioned she wanted to read, and that there wasn't even enough sun to get a tan. Stanley wrapped his arm around Y/n's shoulder watching her read, maybe reading along with her, sometimes asking questions about the book.
     Y/n peaked her head up and saw all the boys were staring at Bev. Y/n knew Bev either liked or wanted this attention, but it was none of Y/n's business, she had the only eyes she needed on her.

After the quarry everyone went home, Stanley walked Y/n home. They lived decently close, so it wasn't a problem, even with it getting dark. At Y/n's door, and let go of Stanley's hand and turned to him, looking in his moon glistening brown eyes. She kisses his cheek the pulls off the sweater he gave to her, to keep her from chilling on the way back, because of her wet clothes. "Here." Y/n said, handing him the sweater.
"How abouttttt, you give it to me tomorrow. I have to practice my speech and want you there." Stanley says smiling nervously. 
"Is your dad going to get mad at me again?" Y/n laughs. Stanley shakes hi head laughing too.
"Who knows." He sighs.
"Yeah I'll go." Y/n says. Stanley nods and kisses her forehead.
"G-good night." He smiles.
"Night." Y/n calls as he walks away. She smiles, still in love with how nervous he still gets. 
"I'll see you tomorrow Stanley Uris." she whispers, at this point to herself.