Chapter 2- Steel Hail

Hearing the yell, the Agents looked to see 20 USEC operators become visible all holding guns.  In the blink of an eye, the agents were eviscerated by a storm of bullets.  2 FSB agents jumped behind cover and began firing back while frantically calling for backup.  The other agents stormed the facility, firing all their rifles as they charged in.  However it was no use as the USEC operators were dug in behind thick cover and were constantly being resupplied with fresh ammunition.  One USEC ran up behind the firing line with a grenade launcher and began firing grenades at the agents, scoring a direct hit, killing 3.  The FSB were pinned down.  Of the original 30 on the team, only 9 remained.  The surviving commander gave the retreat order.  The agents threw smoke grenades and quickly ran outside while the USECs fired blindly into the smoke.  The remaining agents got inside their cars and began to speed away.  Just as they were about to get away, a window on the second floor of the Terragroup opened and one agent saw in the rearview mirror, a USEC operator holding an RPG.  The rocket flew through the air hit the rear SUV, stopping it in it's tracks and reducing it to a flaming husk.  

Knight and Stuart were hastily moving ammunition to the frontlines and clearing out the few dead USECs.  Neither one felt pity for their fallen comrades, they had no time.  "Everybody resupply and rearm, I want this entrance fortified, they will be back, you have 15 Mikes!" yelled the USEC commander.  "Yes Sir!" yelled the USECs who were re-readying for another assault.  "Shit man, I think we're in trouble here," said Stuart.  "Look man, we'll get out of this, the company will protect us," said Knight.  

Just as the commander predicted, the FSB was back.  Armored vehicles pulled up outside and as soon as the doors opened, the fire commensed.  The defenses were strengthened even more.  This time, Knight and Stuart were on the frontline.  This was nothing new for Knight, as he remembered back to his days with the Army Rangers in Iraq.  He opened fire with his FN Scar rifle and immediately took out 3 agents who busted out a window.  Stuart fired with his M4 at the same agents.  Despite holding strong, casualties on both sides were piling up.  The commander finally gave the order to fall back into the building and force the FSB into hostile territory.  The USEC's fell back, throwing grenades as they did.  The FSB proceeded to follow, unaware of what would soon happen.  Knight and Stuart followed, firing back when they could.  They posted up in a hallway intersection and fired at the agents behind cover.  Despite taking out more and more agents, ammunition was running low and more were coming.  Suddenly, Stuart cried out.  A burst fired at him from one of the agents had hit his chest.  While his vest stopped them, he was very clearly injured.  "Shit, Stuart!" yelled Knight as he laid down cover fire.  He then swiftly moved to his friend.  "Go Knight, I'll fend them off," he said.  "No man, we can make it out," said Knight in a panicked tone.  "No, I can't go on, I'll cover you," he said as he put a drum magazine into his M4.  "No, I won't let you," said Knight.  Suddenly, Stuwart pushed Knight into the line of fire, jumped up in front of him, and began firing at the agents.  "GO KNIGHT, TELL THE WORLD WHAT THEY DID!" Stuart yelled.  Knight turned around and sprinted down the hall, listening to the cries of his friend as he was lit up by the agents.  

Running from hall to hall, Knight eventually found 9 USECs at an emergency exit.  "Open the fucking thing, they're gonna kill us all!" he yelled.  "Shut up, we almost got it," said the USEC opening the door.  "Better hurry," yelled Knight has he heard the sound of boots approaching.  "Its open, lets get out of here!" yelled the USEC.  One by one they exited, with the door opener taking the rear and throwing a smoke grenade down the hall.  The exit led to the motorpool.  The USEC's found an armored SUV and got inside.  The engine roared as they sped out.  They smashed through the gate and turned down a road that went by the front of the building.  Just then, they saw a massive blue flame.  They felt a large wave fall over them and then the van stopped and all electricity turned off.  The SUV then stopped and the USECs got out, running off on foot.  It then dawned on Knight what happened as they kept running,  it was an EMP.