Chapter Six

Annabeth quickly ran through the halls with Nico and Thalia following. She memorized by heart where the infirmary was. She never truly ended up there in the 5 years of working with Lady Chaos but she was sure glad the magical hallways knew her destination and made the infirmary closer to where it should have been.

I open the door for Nico and Thalia and they part ways to let me through after the door is shut. The infirmary here in Chaos Castle is so much different then the one at camp. This one is more like a mortal hospital with multiple private rooms but instead of the hospital being lined up with technology this one is lined up with multiple magical remedies. 

I see Sarah the main healer of this department walk in front of me.

"Sarah!" I call and she turns around.

"You final showed up! Chaos told me you would be coming, follow me." I smile behind me, if Chaos knew I was coming the meant it really was Percy!

Sarah opens the door and Chaos walks around a curtain in the middle of the room.

"Thank you Sarah." Sarah nods and shuts the door, "Thalia, Nico, it is so very good to see you." Chaos begins but I inch forward.

"Is it him?" I ask tears streaming down my eyes.

"Annabeth, Thalia, Nico, I must warn you. It's bad, his body is rejecting anything magical for the time being. So we are pumping his veins with water, so for now he looks worse then how we found him. But not to worry its part of the healing process."

We nod and I bite my lip. It can't be that bad I tell myself.

Chaos pulls back the curtain and I stumble back. Thalia and Nico on the other hand rush to his bed. 

Thalia and Nico sit reaching out to hold Percy's hand.

"What happened to him?" Thalia asks tears running down her face.

"That titan is a monster!" Nico exclaims.

"What do you mean, there was a titan that was holding you?" Chaos asks confused but I numbly tone them out.

Percy was sickly pale with scars up and down his arms. His face is full of bruises and he is so skinny that his skin wraps around his bones tightly. The sheets on the bed is covering the rest of his body but I can tell there's a bandage wrapped around his entire chest. Blood is soaking from the top of the bandages, I feel tempted to pull off the sheets to truly see what my Percy has been reduced to.

"..beth! Annabeth hun are you okay?" Chaos asks as my attention snaps to her.

"Yeah sorry what?" I ask my gaze returning to Percy.

"Why do you think Erebus told Thalia and Nico that he was a titan?" I thought about it for a second when I had a half decent idea.

"Maybe he wanted them to feel more weak. If I was defeated by a titan easily it would make me feel a lot weaker then if someone told me a primordial beat me. But to continue that lie is strange to me." I say taking a step forward.

I walk to the other side of Percy's bed taking his other hand.

"He'll be alright though, won't be Chaos?" I ask shaking.

"He will survive, but the scars will be deeper than just physically. From the cuts on his wrist and the condition his legs are in he hasn't walked in more than two years probably more." Chaos whispers turning away.

"I know who you are. I just don't quite understand what I see." Nico whispers looking at Chaos and then looks away almost like he was scared he even spoke, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Nico mutters.