𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐.

☆ ― TW ; N/A

☆ ― TW ; N/A. 1.2k words.
Talia's note ⸝⸝ ; Hope you like this chapter !!

In the bustling hallways of their high school, Celine, Aera, Carmen, and Kingston navigated the crowds, their friendship providing a comforting anchor amidst the chaos of high school life

In the bustling hallways of their high school, Celine, Aera, Carmen, and Kingston navigated the crowds, their friendship providing a comforting anchor amidst the chaos of high school life. As they chatted animatedly, the lingering effects of the spider's bite weighed heavily on their minds, as it seemed to bother them more than it did yesterday, causing a specific kind of pain, indescribable, in the area where they were bitten. Although they had yet to discuss it with each other, if someone would bring it up.

Celine glanced around at her friends, her voice hesitant as she broached the subject. "Hey, guys .. I know this might sound crazy, but have any of you been feeling .. different lately? Like, I don't know, like something's changed inside of you?" Celine waited for an answer from her friends, a furrow forming on her brow as she pondered the strange sensations she had been experiencing.

Aera, ever perceptive, nodded in agreement. "Yeah, like feeling stronger or faster than usual? It's like something's changed, but I can't quite put my finger on it." Aera and Carmen exchanged curious glances, while Kingston's eyes widened with recognition.

Carmen's expression mirrored their own, her curiosity piqued. "I've been feeling it too. It's like my senses are heightened or something. Everything feels .. different."

Kingston shrugged, though a sense of excitement, but recognition mostly flickered in his eyes. "I don't know about you guys, but I woke up this morning feeling like I could take on the world. It's like there's this .. energy pulsing through me that I can't explain."

Their conversation was interrupted by the bell signaling the start of class, and the group dispersed to their respective classrooms, their minds buzzing with unanswered questions. Yet they seemed more alert, feet more precise, more careful.

As they settled into their seats, Celine, Aera, Carmen, and Kingston found themselves surrounded by unfamiliar faces- Nora, Hae-soon, Niall, and Miles, students they had yet to meet. Carmen's eyes drifted towards them, landing on Nora. She was feeling two different things, one thing for Nora and the other feeling like the whole group was connected somehow.