Prologue

Second POV~

  You were lying on your back on your bed. Drumming your (S/C) thumbs against your stomach to match the pace of whatever song (the song that is linked) your roommate, and also your best friend, Emerson who of which was playing the song very loudly from downstairs as she was either cleaning or making food. You were trying to take a nap, which you were doing before Emerson decided to start blasting music, which happens more often then not surprise surprise, since it was raining and with the combination of your day off from work and school it made the feel of a relaxation day appealing to you. You got at least an hour and a half of sleep, then as stated before, Emerson started playing music.

  You shifted as you rolled over to your side, trying to get comfortable and then hopefully go back to sleep but sadly to no advil. You sighed before sitting up, your mattress slight noises as you moved to sit up slowly. Rubbing your eyes to wake yourself up as much as you could before swinging your legs off the side of the bed and getting off, your feet landing on the cold wooden floor of your room. You then slowly made your way over to your door, opening it and walking out before going over towards the stairs and descended downwards to the kitchen.

  "I like Coke, but only if you're mixing it with Jack, then it's dope- oh! Hey (Y/N), how was your nap?" Emerson grabbed her phone while she was talking and turned her music down so she'd be able to hear you, smiling over at you from across the counter. You leaned forward against the island on your forearms, giving her a tired smile in return.

  "I slept just like a baby." You said with slight sarcasm, in turn caused Emerson to grin, while you watched her continue to do the task she was doing beforehand, which was washing dishes, as you and her both started talking about anything and everything. 

~time skip~

  You and Emerson decided to go out for some coffee (if you don't like coffee then change it to something you like), you both tried asking the two of your other friends but they didn't wanna come. You both were just talking about random things, laughing and gossiping about things you heard or just random things. The fall wind was blowing past your (S/C) face which caused your (E/C) eyes to water, and the trees leaf's around you to move. A sound you quite enjoy. As you and Emerson were talking the wind started picking up, causing you to shiver slightly. You wish you had brought a warmer coat, instead you brought a thin zip up hoodie. But oh well.

  "Oh? You cold?" Emerson asked with a raised eyebrow after taking notice of your shiver, taking a sip of her coffee as she looked at you. You glanced at her, looking into her light green eyes. The sun hitting them just right which caused them to shine beautifully in the light, a sight you enjoyed looking at. You then quickly looked forward again, not wanting to keep staring before sighing slightly.

  You nodded slightly, "yeah.. Just a bit, wish I brought something a bit warmer, but its fine, I'll survive.." You mumbled the last bit to yourself slightly just as the wind slightly picked up again, causing you wrap your arms around yourself for at least some warmth from the sudden cool air that rushed against you.

  Emerson immediately stopped walking, reaching out one of her arms to stop you as well. Her gloved hand gently grabbed your arm so that you'd be facing her now. As you both made eye contact you raised a brow, and before you could say anything Emerson immediately handed you her coffee. You blinked in surprise, "huh?.." You held onto her coffee regardless, looking down at the drink then back up at Emerson with confusion. She then muttered a quick sorry for suddenly stopping you and how she handed you her coffee as she was taking off her coat which caused you to blink in suprise.

  "Here," Emerson said while smiling at you, taking her drink back in one hand while holding her coat out to you with the other. You stared at it for a bit, before looking back at her. "You need it more then me." She said gently with a smile.