#Part ₁₂ - Aᴛ Wʜᴀᴛ Cᴏsᴛ?

•~' Hey lovely's! just wanted to say, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH ILYILYILYYYYY, I CRIED WHEN I SAW ALL THE VOTES AND READS 😭🙌 I'm so beyond grateful you guys are interested in actually reading my fic, i just also wanna clarify this is my first ever fic to write! and won't be my last, but everything is knew to me so i just really want to say thank you <33 '~•

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Rayla:

Everything happened so quickly, she couldn't think straight.

As fast as the thought crossed her mind, she sent a ripple of her power towards Fae that was so much like her. The words echoed across the vast space in her mind.

"Go. Go now.

Go now.

Now, Prince."

She made sure her power connected with another, getting the message through.

Her eyes were scanning, planning. She shifted in a blink, and quickly ran over to the chained queen. She gripped Aelins upper arms and hoisted her upwards. Stabilising the queen, she then whispered.
"Go, run."

And Aelin took off out the flaps of the tent.

As soon as Aelin Bolted, she turned all her attention to the now unconscious white wolf. She could sense it. He had disobeyed Maeve's commands. He had also broken the oath. But unlike her, it was killing him, fast.

She quickly knelt down, beside him pressing her ear to his fur coated chest. His heart beating ever so slightly.

His chest was rising in an uneven pattern.

"Not good, not good, not good" She mumbled, panic rising in her chest.

She was too concentrated on thinking what to do, that she didn't notice the looming figure behind her. And before she knew it a knife had been embedded in her back.

Rayla let out a hurdling scream of rippling pain. Cairn then stumbled to reach for a chained cuff and locked it on her leg to the ground. She whipped her eyes around to be met with angry roaring ones.

He had pulled the curved cerated knife out of her now, bleeding wound.

She looked down quickly at her wound. It went all the way through.

She looked up to quick and black dots started to form in her vision.

Her breathing was heavy and struggled but she still managed to shuffle back shielding Fenrys unconscious body.

Her hand came into contact with something hard, something that wasn't soft white fur. She glanced behind her as Cairn was struggling to crawl his way to her, blood also dripping from his wounds.

She turned and found a broken piece of metal. She fisted it in her hand, gripping it tight. She could feel her knuckles getting white as Cairn inched his way closer and closer.

Her heart was beating rapidly, it felt like it was pumping out of her chest. But still her grip did not falter. Not as Cairn got close enough to pounce, not as he gritted a snarky smile out at her vulnerability. Not as she dodged his slice of a knife, and slammed the piece of metal across his head. Not until Cairn lay on the floor, did she finally let it fall out of her fingers, with a clatter noise.