Chapter Twenty Five*

Waking up the next morning for Katrina was a blur. She woke up around eleven, still in her clothes from last night except for her shoes. She was in Rafe's bed, yet there was no Rafe.

She sat up, rubbing underneath her eyes to not smear her leftover makeup. Her head pounded violently, nausea kicking up in the back of her throat. She also didn't remember much of last night at all, the last thing she did recall was walking downstairs with Rafe.

Katrina slouched over on the bed, her head in her hands as she collected herself. Standing up, she walked over to his stand up mirror and looked at herself, seeing that her hair was a mess. She ran her hands through it to try to fix it, hearing the bathroom door open across the room.

She turned, seeing Rafe coming out with a towel in his hand and black sweatpants on, the waistband of his boxers visible. She raised her eyebrows, looking to the side and pulling her eyes from him.

"Morning Kat. Sleep well?" Rafe started, rummaging through his drawers for a shirt to put on. She shook her head, crossing her arms and walking to sit at his desk. "I don't even know, like seriously. I think I blacked out last night." Katrina mumbled, shivering from the cold atmosphere that was the Cameron house.

"Yeah, you definitely did that. I'm surprised you're even up right now, I had to force you to bed at like four o'clock." Rafe smiled, throwing his shirt over his head. Katrina shook her head, looking down at the floor. 

"That's crazy. I should probably go home then, right? Fuck, I have work at twelve." Katrina sighed, completely forgetting that she was supposed to work today. Rafe raised his eyebrows, nodding.

"That's rough." Rafe commented, breathing out through puckered lips. "Yeah, tell me about it. I feel so bad right now, like actually. I don't wanna miss out though... Ugh. Can you give me a ride home please?" Katrina asked, standing up and grabbing her phone.

"Of course." Rafe said, walking up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. He pulled her into him, resting his head in the side of her neck, above her collarbone. Katrina smiled, putting her hands on top of his as she leaned back into him.

"Rafe, I gotta go. Come on." Katrina carried out, smiling yet pulling away from the boys grasp. "Will you scream at me again if I come see you today?" Rafe asked, and Katrina shook her head girlishly.

"Why, so you can give me another two hundred dollar tip? You got me up to five hundred that day in cash." Katrina teased, bending over and grabbing her shoes from the floor. Rafe grinned, his mouth slightly opened at her remark.

"You liked it. Gave Kie a hundred too. C'mon, I'm making your job worthwhile." Rafe told her, grabbing his keys and sliding on his sneakers. Katrina shook her head grinning, taking out her weed pen from her purse and hitting it. Weed usually did cure a hangover for her.

"Well, thanks. But you don't have to do that. I don't know why you did, honestly." Katrina shrugged, exhaling her hit of the dab pen. Rafe pursed his lips, opening the door as Katrina walked out in front of him.

He shut it behind her, finally responding to what she said. "I felt bad. Thought a tiny bit of cash would make you feel better." Rafe answered, opening the front door for her. Katrina rolled her eyes, the statement reminding her that Rafe was indeed just a man.

"I don't want money, Rafe. I have enough of that. I want respect." Katrina explained, getting into his truck and pushing her hair out of her face. It was a little windy today, the temperature cooling down slightly. 

The two of them sat in silence as Rafe drove down the road to her house, one hand on the wheel. Katrina looked around, her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to remember last night. Maybe Rafe would know.