Malfuntion

All he could feel was the unbearable pain coming from his right leg. Maybe he should have listened to Henry and checked what this was while it was just a little uncorfortable. However, he was stubborn, as always, and didn't listen. Now he is sitting on the ground, back to the wall feeling an immense pain.

"Ah...fuck..." mumbled William, feeling another wave of pain shoot through his leg. "What is happening...?"

His phone was right beside him on the ground.

....

Should he call him? Is he going to pick up? Maybe...

The urge to call his husband was becoming stronger and stronger, but each time he tried to reach his phone he remembered the conversation he had with him this morning.

"I'm going to Matthew's house today, he asked for my help in his repport to the agency he works for."— Was what Vincent said. He felt guilty for disturbing, after all he isn't able to spend much time with his brother (Matthew) most of the time.

But it hurts so much...

He had blocked his mind to not distract Vincent and Henry had already gone home a while ago. What should he do? He had thought about taking the fake leg off, but everytime he tried, it felt like it was on fire!

That's when he heard his phone ring.

"A message from...Vincent..." He mumbled.

'Hey, beautiful. I'm coming home a little later, some things came up, sorry.
There are some leftovers from yesterday in the fridge, you just need to heat it up and eat, with the kids.'

William cursed in his head after reading the text. How is he going home now?! He knew if he called Vincent he would be in front of him in a matter of seconds. But it, somehow, felt wrong...

"Damn it, what should I do?! Call Henry?!" William paused. Maybe he should... "Ah, screw it." He picked up his phone and looked for the contact with the name "Henry" and swiped his finger to the right.

After a few seconds he heard his best friend's voice.

"Hey, Will."

"Hey..."

"Are you okay?"

"Hm, no... Can you come to the restaurant real quick?"

"You're still at the restaurant? William, it's almost 9pm!"

"I would have gone home if—" William paused. "—nevermind. Can you come here, please?"

"Ugh, fine, wait a minute." Henry hung up.

♤\\\\♤

He waited 5 minutes and there he was.

"So, what happened and why are you on the ground?"

"I–"

"It's your leg, isn't it?" Henry interrupted him, looking at him with his 'Are-you-serious?' face.

"Yeah..." William confirmed looking at his leg.

"Why didn't you call Vincent?" Henry asked raising an eyebrow."He would have brought you home by now."