ii. train back to hogwarts

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

Hope woke up to a pillow being thrown at her face. She grumbled before turning around in the bed, burying her head into the pillow.

Harry sighs in annoyance at his sister. She never had been a morning person, if he wasn't there she would've slept in until noon.

An idea popped into his head making him grin, "Bloody hell Hope!" He fake gasps making her mumble what, "your hair— it's dreadful!"

After those words were uttered, Hope got up in a flash looking up at the boy in alarm. She scowls when she sees her brother laughing at her, causing her to throw her pillow at him before getting up and ready for the day.

"That always works!" He says between his laughter.

An hour later, Harry is sitting on the bed with a bored expression as he waits for his sister to finish getting ready in the bathroom.

He looks around the room they are staying in, his eyes pausing at a peculiar looking book. He grabbed it and before he knew it, the book jumped at him making him let out a high pitched scream.

Seconds later Hope runs out after hearing him to see him fighting with a book making her let out the same scream when the book saw her.

"What the bloody hell is going on?!" She screamed, dragging the boy onto the bed with her for safety.

"I was looking through the books and then this one started bloody attacking me?!" He yelled back in the same tone.

"I thought you were the older one?!" She said with annoyance.

"I thought you didn't like knowing I'm the older one?" Harry retorted in the same loud voice as her whilst he fixed his glasses.

"Ugh whatever, let's go downstairs I'm done now." She says with a roll of the eyes whilst jumping off the bed.

They walked out the room, locking the door behind them. Harry and Hope walk downstairs towards the voices of their best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger — who are fighting as usual.

"I'm warning you Hermione! You keep that beast away from scanners or I'll turn it into a tea cozy!" He threatens whilst holding his rat close to his chest.

The twins share a look of amusement when they don't see the Potters watching the argument and carry on, "It's a cat Ronald, what do you expect?" She wonders with a stern voice, "It's in his nature!" She expresses.

"A cat? That's what they told you?" He questions sneering at the cat. "Looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me." The ginger boy retorts a disgusted look on his face as he eyes the girls pet.