iii. announcements ft. minnie and hope

★ ★ ★

                                       ★ ★ ★

"Welcome!" Professor Albus Dumbledore greets — or as Hope like to call him Professor Dumbles. The girl and her brother Harry are pretty close to him, always have been! He's like a mentor for them, "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cup, which while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair. . ."

Minnie cleared her throat.

Hope looked around the hall, it was filled with hundreds of children and tables covered with massive amounts of food. The first years all tapped their feet anxiously against the floorboards. The Professors all listened to Dumbledore. She turned her head over to the Hufflepuff table, catching her best friend Atlas' eye as she sends him a wide smile and a wave earning one back.

As she turns away from the boy, she looks across to the other side of the Hufflepuff table where most of their eyes are looking over towards her. She flickers her eyes away, pretending not to notice as she holds back a smug smile, leaning back on the table, her legs tucked out of the table and crossed together.

She knew she was popular, she wasn't stupid. She also knew she had a lot of attention. Whether it be from being the schools best prankster or 'the girl who lived' or the most amazing quidditch player to ever exist. She didn't know — but she loved it.

Most of the time anyways, sometimes it can get a bit too much.

She felt a nudge in her ribs, turning her head Hope makes eye contact with the girl sitting next to her. Hermione nods towards the Professor before gesturing to clap along.

She sighed with an eye roll before clapping once,  giving the girl a sassy smile, before turning away after.

"As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Minister of Magic business."

He paused and Hope remembered what Father Weasley had told her about and how Dumbledore wasn't too happy with the dementors around the school. Her eyes flickered over to where her brother was sitting, making eye contact with the girl before sending her a knowing nod — them both thinking the same thing.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the ground," Dumbledore continued, "and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave the school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by trickles and disguises — or even invisibility cloaks," he added blandly causing Hope, Harry and Ron to share a look of disbelief as hermione agreed with the headmasters words, "It is not in the nature of a dementor to be understanding pleading or excuses. I, therefore, warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects and our new headboy and girl, to make sure no student runs afoul of the dementors," he said.