𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑫𝑰𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑨𝑪𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵𝑺

Chelsea's POV

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" Clarisse quips, trying to mimic Lucian's voice as her red hair cascades over her face. Her gray eyes sparkle with excitement as she narrates. "I tried not to show my excitement," she says, reigning in her emotions. "but of course I said yes." She says with pride. "You handled that smoothly," Jordan comments as we walk out of the school gate.

Clarisse has harbored a crush on Lucian since middle school, but she has managed to keep it hidden all these years. She is renowned for her beauty and self-assured demeanor, and as a result, most guys at school find it difficult to approach her directly.

I become the unofficial dating hotline for all the guys interested in her, but after being the bearer of rejection too many times, I hang up on that gig.

Clarisse and I go way back to middle school, and seeing her finally land her crush is like witnessing the ending of a long-running sitcom – you just can't help but feel relieved it's finally happening!

"Bye, guys," I say with a smile as they board the school bus. "See you on Monday."

My house is just a few minutes' walk from school. As I make my way home, I can't help but think about the new novel I am reading, "The Circle Trilogy." It's perfect, and I can't wait to discuss it with my dad. He always enjoys discussing books with me, and I love sharing my thoughts and insights with him. It's one of the many things we bond over, and I cherish those moments.

I turn the corner and enter my neighborhood, I am greeted by the familiar landscape. The setting sun is casting a warm orange glow on the houses and trees.

As I approach my house, I spot a moving van parked next door. Ah, new neighbors! Just what I needed – more people to avoid making awkward small talk with in the hallway. I pick up my pace, not particularly eager to extend a warm welcome to another potential source of noise complaints. Besides, they're probably just another pair of retirees looking to settle down and discuss the weather.

I push open the door to my home, the familiar scent of cooking fills my nostrils, I notice Mom in the kitchen making dinner "Hi Mom," I say, getting her attention. "Hey sweetie, how was school today?" she turns to me with a smile on her face. "Nothing special" I mutter feeling exhausted. "just the same old thing." I reply, lounging on the kitchen counter.

"Mom, is Dad back from work yet?" "No, sweetie, not yet," my mom replies, shaking her head. "He called a little while ago and said he'll be a bit late tonight."

"That's unexpected" my voice tinged with disappointment "I was hoping to discuss the new novel I am reading with him" I complain, "don't worry, he will be back soon." she reassures.

"Okay Mom." I state "I will be in my room." I declare as I leave the kitchen. "I will call you once dinner is ready." She announces.

As I step into my room, the warm glow of the setting sun fills the space. My room is my sanctuary, filled with everything I love. The walls are covered in posters from my favorite fantasy books and anime series, and my bed is a cozy haven with plush toys and a comforting comforter. My desk is where I escape into my laptop, adorned with stickers of my beloved anime characters. My shelves are neatly organized with novels and manga, showcasing my passion for storytelling. It's my own little world, where fantasy meets reality.

I collapse onto my bed, feeling like I've run a marathon. Suddenly, a text from Clarisse pops up. "Are you home yet?" she asks. "Yep, just crawled in," I respond, my fingers barely able to type. "Lucian just messaged me," Clarisse shares. "He wants to meet up tomorrow." "Well, look at you!" I reply, trying to sound enthusiastic despite my exhaustion. "Break a leg on your date!" "Thanks! I'll keep you posted," Clarisse replies, her excitement practically jumping off the screen. "Anyway, gotta dash," she adds. "Bus just pulled up. Catch you later!" "Sure thing, catch you on the flip side," I text back, chuckling at our melodramatic exchange.

"Hey, Dad," I greet, eyebrows raised in surprise at his sudden appearance. "Chelsea," he responds, turning toward me with a grin that suggests he's up to something. "How was your thrilling day at the academy?" he teases, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Oh, you know, just the usual riveting lectures and mind-numbing homework," I reply with a dramatic sigh, sinking into my seat at the dining table. "But fear not! I discovered a new literary masterpiece in the midst of the chaos," I announce, my voice dripping with exaggerated enthusiasm.

I'm on the verge of launching into my explanation when Mom's voice cuts through the air, halting me in my tracks. "I know you're eager to talk about the new book you just read," she acknowledges. "But I need you to take this to the new neighbors," her voice implores, holding up a box of cookies. "But Mom," I whine. "I didn't sign up for the welcome committee," I protest, my tone slightly irritated. "But you know how it is," Mom continues with a soft smile, "we've always prided ourselves on being good neighbors." "Plus, it's a small gesture to make them feel welcome in our community," Dad quips. "And I promise to take you to meet my boss," he adds with a grin.

"Okay fine," I mutter in mock defeat, surrendering to the inevitable outcome of our verbal sparring match. "But remember, Dad, you owe me one," I add with a pointed look, snagging the box of cookies from Mom's grasp. "And Mom, brace yourself for the novel analysis session later," I warn with a mischievous glint in my eye. "Fine, I'll endure your literary ramblings," she concedes with a grin. "Now off you go"

𝑷𝑳𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑬 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆,❤️❤️❤️