Character Introduction-2

ZAARA

ZAARA

Ring...Ring... Her alarm clock rang again and again.

"Damn. This alarm.", saying that she woke up slowly. She was having a peaceful dream about her price charming, her Raghav.

She freshened up and was going to take a bath. After reaching bathroom, she realized she forgot her clothes. Annoyingly she walked back to the dresser for her clothes. She snatched the clothes from the dresser. Along with the clothes, a photo frame fall down.

She annoyingly bent down to pick up the photo frame. But soon her annoyance changed to smile. It was a family photo. It was 5 year old Zaara with her parents. Looking at the photo she started slipping in the nostalgia.

Her family held from Rajasthan. Her father was the youngest son of a Zaamindaar there. Her grandfather Uddham Singh still was from old school and took his orthodox thinking seriously. He believed men are meant to work and women belong to home. He believed women can't do anything except giving birth.

He had arrange marriage with her grandmother. It was sad that even her grandmother thought that. But she never judged her grandmother for that. How can she when her entire village was conditioned that way. Her entire village never gave importance to daughters. Her grandmother was very timid in front of her grandfather. He used to hit her and never gave her a day of peace. But she still thought of him as god.

Together they had five sons, which her grandfather was proud of. Her father Pradeep was the youngest of five brothers. He was the most beloved to her grandmother. he was a rebel and never liked the treatment that was given to his mother. His father hated him for being so soft.

Her grandfather got her father's marriage fixed in his childhood to his best friend's daughter. her grandfather thought that he will get a timid woman as a daughter-in-law. But he was in for a shock.

Zaara smiled remembering her mother Meera's story. She was the eldest daughter of Thakur Veer Singh. Her father always thought of her as a burden. His thinking was like his friend Uddham Singh. He wanted to kill his daughter at birth but then his friend put forward the wish of getting her married to his youngest son.

Since then Meera's grooming for being zaamindar's perfect daughter-in-law started. Meera was a rebellious kid. She had a strained relationship with her parents. Her mother was timid and she hated her mother for not being able to protect even her kids. After the birth of her younger brother, her mother gave birth to another daughter. She saw her father killing her baby sister who was not even a day old and her mother weeping silently in corner. She started hating her mother after that.

Her brother was a very innocent kid. She didn't want her brother Aman to end up like their father. So she made sure to give him good education regarding how to treat a women. Since childhood Aman was close to his sister. He was scared of his father and never liked his mother for not speaking up for him. Her father did not provide her with education because he thought education was not for girls.