Judgment and Sympathy

Chapter 2: (seokjin's pov)

As I stepped into the cafe, a wave of hostility washed over me as the patrons turned their gazes in my direction, their expressions twisted with disdain as if I had intruded upon their sacred space

As I stepped into the cafe, a wave of hostility washed over me as the patrons turned their gazes in my direction, their expressions twisted with disdain as if I had intruded upon their sacred space. The weight of their collective judgment crushed my spirit, and I could feel my heart sinking with each accusing stare.

Whispers filled the air, like poison seeping into my ears, as they began to talk amongst themselves, their words dripping with contempt

"I can't believe they let someone like that in here."

"Yeah, they're completely ruining the atmosphere."

"Why would they even come here?"

Their words cut deep, slicing through my self-esteem like a knife. Feeling utterly defeated, I made my way to a table by the window, unable to meet anyone's eyes as I sat down, my gaze fixed on the ground below. The warmth of the cafe felt suffocating now, suffused with the coldness of their rejection.

A waiter approached my table, his expression sour with disdain.

Waiter: Need anything else?

Seokjin: Just a tea.

He muttered, barely concealing his contempt. Without waiting for a response, he turned and walked away, leaving behind a bitter taste in the air.

Minutes later, he returned with a mug of coffee, sloshing it onto the table with a careless thud. His eyes never met mine, and I could feel the weight of his judgment hanging heavily in the air. Despite his obvious disdain, I forced a polite thank you, but inside, my heart ached with the sting of rejection.

Sipping my hot beverage, I watched the snow continue to fall outside, feeling a sense of content washing over me. Surrounded by strangers in a bustling city, I found comfort in the simple pleasures of life.

Suddenly A group of girls entered the café, they were giggling and chatting that caught my attention towards them, but there was something special about one of those girls that entered the café, her eyes immediately caught my attention with their striking hazel hue. For a brief moment, I found myself starstruck, captivated by her presence. She took a seat beside my table, and our eyes met briefly before she looked away, her expression awkward.