♡ Chapter 1 ♡

Clash! My eyes went wide and my breath began to get heavy. I was breathing so fast and my eyes kept going left to right, up and down. I held in my breath and covered my mouth as I hid behind the wall next to the staircase.

Footsteps were heard coming down the stairs quietly. The floorboards creaked and the ambiance was eerie and quiet. I could only hear my heartbeat racing and the sound of my own breathing. For a moment I thought the strange person had walked in the opposite direction and into the kitchen. I peeked out, looming my head a bit to see behind the wall I was against. I sighed as I didn't see them. I turned back around only to be struck in the head.

Thump! My body fell consciously on the floor. The strange figure only loomed over me and observed me before walking back to the kitchen.

My head felt heavy and my vision felt blurry. I look around before trying to get up. I glance up to see a clock displayed on the wall. It read 8:41 PM.

I didn't recognize where I was. I glance beside me to see the entrance of the kitchen. I could see a figure crouching and moving slightly. I leaned in a bit to see further in. What I saw was something surreal, disturbing, and unreal.

My eyes went wide and I felt an acid type of feeling emerge from my stomach to the top of my throat, making me gag. Before anything else could happen, I covered my mouth, holding back my puke. I felt sick and suddenly anxious. I started sweating and all I knew is that I was in danger and needed to get out as soon as possible.

What I had seen was the strange figure eating someone's guts. But why couldn't I recognize the person being eaten? I'm not sure, but before I knew it, my body reacted fast. I get up on my feet, feeling my head heavy and dizzy from the strike earlier. I turned to look at a door in front of me which I assumed was the front door and swung it open, dashing out of the house I was in.

I didn't know if I was being chased or if the figure was alerted, but I didn't care. I ran as if my life depended on it, because it did. The night was dark and breezy. I shivered and gasped for air as my lungs sucked in cold air.

As I ran and ran, I felt a cold fluid run down my forehead. I touched it lightly with my fingertip, only to see a red liquid. Blood. I grit my teeth as I saw the blood that was leaking from my head.

My head only grew heavier as I ran, I was most likely going to faint from blood loss. My vision started to get blurry. I looked around to see nothing but the dark sky and trees. I turn behind me only to catch a glance of the mysterious figure. My eyes slightly widened and I picked up my pace.

It was now behind me. I was sure that it was chasing me. I ran faster than before, stumbling in the process. I hit right, left, left, right, left, right, rights. I tried loosing him. Did I? Luckily, I did.

I was beat. I was tired. I stop for a bit and put my hands on my knees. I pant and try to calm myself down from running away and from all the trauma I had just gone through.

Once I was all good and breathing well again, I stand up straight and walk some more, moving some trees out of the way I see something that made me feel relieved.

A house stood in the middle of nowhere. I didn't question it at the moment and just walked out of the woods and towards the house. I look up and take a glance at the house that now stood in front of me. There was something that gave me an eerie and negative energy from the house, however, at this point I had gone through enough to turn back now. Maybe I could ask for help and get cured..that is, if they know how.

Speaking of they, does anyone even live here? I wasn't so sure, but I approached the house either ways.

I walk up to the front porch and step up the small steps to the front door. I extend my fist to knock on the door. I stopped, feeling a little hesitant. My hand was shaking, I was cold and loosing too much blood. I just had to get in.