Chapter 24

You were more than Nat could have ever imagined. Her conversation with you had been on loop in her mind for the past few days. The sound of your laughter filled her with so much warmth it was overwhelming. The way you talked about her like she'd hung the moon in the sky made her want to cry. Nobody had ever talked about her like that.

And the way you looked at her God- your eyes. She had a scary feeling she would do anything you asked of her if you kept looking at her like that.

She'd wanted to tell you then and there who she was so she could confess how she felt. But the prospect was terrifying and when your friend called it felt like the moment had come and gone. When she'd finally regained the confidence to tell you, her eyes drifted to your shoulder and it got her thinking about what your life would be like if you were with her.

You would be in danger if anyone ever found out about you. She'd never let it happen, no one would ever get close enough to hurt you but- could you forgive her for what she would do to them if they tried? Would you be mad at her for not telling you who she was sooner? You called her incredible. Even with all the red in her ledger you looked at her like a saint. You and your words were magnetic.

It was scary how much she missed your presence now that she'd met you. Suddenly she understood why Clint was always so eager to fly home.

Walking to the kitchen, she pulls out her phone as soon as it buzzes, expecting it to be you. Instead she's met with the Avengers group chat.

      Idiots❤:

MetalHead(Tony):

As soon as I get back from this

press conference in Paris we're having

a meeting

Old Ice Cube(Steve):

Again Stark?

Science Nerd(Bruce):

Is this about the new compound or

that Government thing?

MetalHead:

The government thingy

...

Actually both.

Spy-der (Nat):

Again? Tony, We've already talked about this...

Clinton:

You should drop it Stark.

I don't want this to end in a fight.

Old Ice Cube:

Bucky and I are firmly against it.

Jacket Stealer(Wanda):

You already know what the

Government thinks of me.

MetalHead:

We'll talk when I get back.

Toodles!

Nat rolls her eyes but can't help the uneasy feeling about the situation. Tony needed to stop pushing such a big decision on everyone before her family gets broken apart...again.

~~~~~~

That party was one of the best decisions of your entire life. You'd gained three new friends and an unforgettable conversation with your hero. It was safe to say the entire week after the party you were in good spirits and nobody could make that stop. Your cheeks hurt from how much you'd been smiling as of late.