Chapter Fourty-Two

“Mother we’re home!” You say while you, Ruby, and Prissy walk through the door. You and Prissy make your way to your room and sit on your bed. 

“So what happened between you and Gilbert, you guys weren’t talking but then suddenly you were all buddy,” Prissy asked.

“Well…at Christmas time we invited him over for dinner, I was already not talking to him because I thought he was to blame for Ruby ignoring me.” you start.

“Well did you realize he wasn’t?” 

“Yes, I did, anyways, At the Christmas dinner I was blowing out the candles when he came over to me to give me a gift.” You sigh, “I told him I didn’t want it and he asked why I was mad at him… I told him, I didn’t want to lose Ruby and that it was his fault she ignored me.”

You looked up at Prissy and saw the shocked expression on her face.

“I soon realized that it wasn’t his fault but Ruby’s. Today I went out to apologize to him and he told me that he knew I didn’t mean it and he forgave me.” 

“Wow, that is a lot,” Prissy says.

“Ya, I know.”

“Well enough talk about Gilbert, let's talk about my relationship” 

You always dreaded these conversations because you didn’t approve of the relationship, but Prissy is your best friend so you deal with it.

“I want your thoughts about my relationship.” This was not what you were expecting.

“Well since you are my best friend I’ll be honest.” She nods her head, “I don’t like it, I think it’s weird that someone our age is dating someone who is in their thirties.”

Prissy looks like she is deep in thought after you say that.

“I thought it was weird at first but I love him and I want to marry him.” She replies after a while.

“And I’m not stopping you, I know you want to marry him and I will stand beside you no matter what happens.” 

She then hugs you. You guys hugged for a couple of minutes until you were called down for dinner.