I

"Perchance-"

"You can't just say perchance, 7th." Y/N chuckled, staring into the yolk orange sunset casting its final shadow over Solaria. It cast an ethereal glow to their skins; the both of them sat upon a high hill away from the main city.

"May I tell you something, Y/N?" The youngest of the pair chimed, twirling her pink locks in her hands in a frantic manner.

"Yeah, of course, anything." She glanced over to her nervous friend in confusion.

Perhaps it was cold out on that day, or perhaps it was her confession that made her nervous, but finally, she gained enough confidence to speak up.

"You need to let me go."

Y/N woke up in a cold sweat, brushing her hands through her tangled hair before releasing a sigh. It was the fifth time this week that she had the same dream. Memories of her friends' disappearance flooded through her mind, causing a frown to sit upon her face.

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ 💮 ✧.*

She stood up quickly, almost losing her balance and shoved on a jumper and joggers. Opening the squeaky door of her apartment and stepping outside; the cold air calmed her nerves. Many people walked past Y/N wearing colourful kimonos and clutching tightly oil paper umbrellas.

She shoved her hands in her pockets and kept walking, ignoring the glares of the passerbyers from her unusual westerner outfit.

❝ASTRAL EXPRESS OTOME DATING SIM OUT NOW, ON SALE UNTIL 7TH MARCH❞ a pop-up advert on the side of a bus stop spoke out loud, it's voice crackling. You stopped and stared, admiring the attractive people on the hologram. A woman with striking gold eyes remained in the centre, her red locks framing her face perfectly. She held a porcelain cup of coffee to her lips, smiling with her perfect pink lips.

The man beside her appeared a lot older and more mature, his brown hair beginning to grey at the end. He looked quite tired, his eyes with light eyebags and his glasses nearly sliding off his nose. He held onto a black walking stick and held his stature tall.

A young man and woman were stuck to the left of the red goddess, the woman posing very cutely with a camera held to her left eye, pretending to take a picture of the person standing in front of her. The man beside her appeared to be rolling his eyes, his red makeup highlighted by the filter placed over the hologram.

To put it simply, they were incredibly beautiful, and you couldn't help but stare. You noticed 3 people hidden behind them, only the tall man with dark blue hair with faded red tips. He glared at the three below him.

"March 7th? That's today." Y/N thought out loud. "I probably wouldn't be able to afford it anyway." She muttered beneath her breath before a disk slapped her in the face.

[ OBTAINED DATING SIM DISK ]

'Huh? What's this piece of junk?' You thought to yourself, holding the train ticket lookalike. 'What a coincidence, it's a scratched up version of the official game disk.'

Looking around for its potential owner, you find yourself no longer on the pavement you just stood on, and the usual noisy crowds of Solaria was no where to be seen. It was as if you just happened to have teleported to another dimension.

Taking one last glance around, you pinched yourself to confirm your assumption. "Ouch!"

"Hey!!! Hey, hey! Are you listening to me?!" You heard a high-pitched voice whistle up, drawing your attention to the floor. A black and white bunny with red rosy cheeks and big navy eyes stared up back at you. Could this be the owner of the voice?

"Yes, I'm talking to you! Welcome to the ASTRAL EXPRESS. I'm your conductor, Pom Pom!" He jumped up, his conductor hat bobbing up and down with him.

"Now, just cause your new here doesn't mean you have an excuse not to follow the rules. No violence in the train allowed! No discrimatory behaviour either! I trust you as of now, so don't break it."

You nodded towards the small animal - wait no, conductor? This 'dimension' was sure interesting.

"I'm sure you're wondering right now where you are or why you are here." He motioned you towards the plush red seats in the train. Your eyes caught the attention of the large planet floating right outside the small compartment you were in.

Nodding once again, you allowed yourself to sit down, instantly feeling more at ease on the very comfortable seat. The bunny hopped up next to you. "Are you aware of who Idrila is?" After the confirmation that you did not know who Idrila is, the bunny decided to continue.

"Idrila is the aeon of beauty, obviously!" Pom Pom spoke, making it sound as if it was the most easy thing to understand in the world. "And a aeon is?" He released a huff at your reply.

"Never mind, we can continue that later. However, I'd like to formally welcome you not only to the ASTRAL EXPRESS but to the dating simulator you have opened!"

"Not only am I a conductor, I'm your guide to everlasting romance in your probably sad pathetic life!" {He didn't actually voice that, however} "As you know, this world is one that allows you to interact with people from different planets within this dimension who mayhaps have a high compatibility with you. In this program, you will be partnered up with romantic interests of different types. Depending on your personality, preferences, and actions, a perfect partner will be founded for you. Are there any questions you have about this world?"

"That is a lot to process..." You rubbed your head bashfully. The bunny hopped off and laughed. "It may take a while for you to process all of this, I will show you to your room and allow you to get a good night's sleep. If you have any questions, please ask! It's a conductors duty to look after his passengers."

He proceeded to waddle off, his red traincoat swiftly following in suit. "Come on! Don't keep me waiting."

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ 💮 ✧.*

Following him to a plain F/C room, he huffed. "It's empty because I didn't get a chance to collect data of what you like to be able to customise your room. I can guarantee that by the time you wake up, everything will have loaded in!"

Before you could voice anything, the pinched train rabbit spoke before you. "This also regards what will happen tomorrow. I took a look at your profile. Looking at your history, it seems you have an affinity to ones who are initially mean, but warm up to you!" He cleared his throat.

"When you wake up - you will be meeting a young man by the name of Dan Heng. Though he isn't technically on the mean side, he can be seen as quite cold and hard-headed. Trust me, though, just like any other person, he has a warm side that he needs to open up. Could it be you? Who knows!" He laughed off.

He waddled off once again, waving goodbye and leaving you to your own thoughts.

'Aeons?' 'Idrila?' 'Planets?' 'Who the hell is Dan Heng?'

These were thoughts that were swirling around your mind in a constant manner, unaware of the true danger yet to come.

Oh well, it's not like you had that much of a life you were going to miss in the real world.

1255 words, edited.

{ i feel like this is terrible 💀 }