Short Story Reflection

As Vivan awakens from her slumber, she turns her head to be met with a beautiful sky that she hasn't seen in so long. She checked the time; it was only dawn, and the sky was filled with shades of pink, purple, and blue. Vivan sits up while looking out the window from her bed; she is entranced by how enchanting the sky looks. She turns away from the window to be met with her husband Felix beside her, sleeping peacefully.

She reminisces about the time they got married and how the sky looked like this on their wedding day. O, how she wished to go back to that particular day. But there was no time to reminisce on the good old days. She had things to do. Vivan looked around for the clock and noticed that she and Felix had overslept. Vivian hated waking Felix up, especially when he looked so peaceful. It seemed like the universe heard her thoughts because he was already staring back at her when she looked at his face.

"Hey," he yawned. "What time is it?"

Vivian lightly giggled. "6:30. We must have both slept through the alarm. I was just about to wake you up."

After hearing this, Felix jumps out of bed and starts rapidly spurting out nonsense and freaking out about how he has to do all of these things before leaving.

"Felix, calm down. Everything is already mostly taken care of, and we have plenty of time to get ready before we leave," Vivan reassures him.

After getting ready, they locked the door to their old apartment and stood there reminiscing about all the fond memories they had made there. They went down the stairs of their old apartment complex and returned the keys to the desk owner. After that, they went to the garage and hopped into their car to drive off to their new home, about a two-hour drive from their apartment.

Along the way, Vivan fell asleep. Felix turned to her, lightly put his hand on her shoulder, and gently tried to wake her up: "Hey Viv, it's time to wake up. We're here."

She slightly opens her eyes, mimicking Felix's graceful wake-up from the morning, and asks Felix, "What time is it."

"5 o'clock," he responds, smiling at her with so much love and admiration, excited to start their new life.

Vivan heads out of the car, to only be memorized by the gorgeous house standing in front of them. When they bought the house, she had a feeling that there was something special about it. It had a certain aura that she couldn't decipher, but it made her feel like she was about to enter a fairy tale life. The house was an old Victorian house that needed some fixing up. Maybe some new windows and paint, but the house was full of character. Vivian could feel millions of stories occurring in the house over the years, making her love it even more. She was so entranced she didn't even notice that she had made her way upstairs with a box labeled, Bedroom, in her hands. But she was standing in front of the attic door.
Vivan felt the pull to open the door, so she did and made her way up the spiraling staircase that went all the way up to the small attic. As she stepped into the low-ceiling attic, she noticed an irregular shape covered by cream bedsheets. She made her way over to it, and when she pulled the sheets back, it was a mirror.

"Felix," she yelled downstairs, "I found this old mirror up here, and I think you should come up here and see it."

"Yeah, Okay! I'll be there in a second. I'm just putting some boxes in our room." She heard him reply in the background, but she was already entranced by something new in this house. It was like a magnet drawing her in, and she couldn't look away from the reflection looking back at her. Before she knew it, Felix was in the reflection, too, standing behind her.

"Do you see how beautiful this mirror design is? I think we should hang it in the." She cut herself short as she was turning to talk to him, but he wasn't there behind her. Then she heard his footsteps coming up the stairs.