Chapter XV: Admiration

Anvita's POV

After getting myself out of the wedding outfit and jewellery and changing into my pajamas, I opened the bathroom door just slightly. I peeped through the narrow opening of the door, and scanned the room to see if he was still there, but I did not find him. Releasing a sigh of relief, I quickly ran towards the bed. Covering myself with the blanket, I closed my eyes pretending to sleep.

Hey bhagwan inke gusse se bacha lena aaj.

(Please God, save me from his wrath today.)

Few minutes passed when I heard the door of the room crack open, and I clutched the blanket tightly in fear with minimal movement.

Jal tu jalal tu, aayi bala ko taal tu.

(May lord save me from any upcoming danger.)

I kept repeating this phrase in my head, hoping that I would not have to face his anger for my stupid comments today. But to my surprise, he just came and laid next to me, covering himself with the remaining blanket.

"Ab aankhein khol bhi lijiye, kuchh nahi kahenge aapko."

(Now open your eyes atleast, I won't say anything to you.)

I opened my eyes in a jiffy to find him laying facing me with his one hand underneath his head.

"Ho—how did you know I wasn't sleeping?"

"I just know you." He said with a smirk.

Gently moving the back of his hand on my cheek, he said "You have troubled me a lot today my love. I won't let this go away easily."

Adhyay's POV

I chuckled at her antics as she closed the door on my face, leaving me all by myself in the room.

"Chal Adhyay, ab akele yaha par reh kar kya fayda," I uttered under my breath.

(Let's go Adhyay, whats the point of staying here all alone.)

Taking my clothes out from the walk- in closet, I went to downstairs to use the guest bathroom.

After taking a shower, I came back to the room

After taking a shower, I came back to the room. Opening the door, I was met with darkness and saw her figure covered with blanket. Laying next to her on the bed, I just kept looking at her face, internalizing every feature, every mole that accentuated her beauty. Her eyelids were twitching slightly, and I just knew she wasn't sleeping.

She thinks I'd get mad at her but who's going to tell her that I'd punish myself a thousand times before even thinking to raise my voice at her. And these amusing little things she does makes me fall for her even more.

"Ab aankhein khol bhi lijiye, kuchh nahi kahenge aapko."

She immediately opened her eyes in response to my voice and they were laced with such innocence that a smirk appeared on my face.