[ 084 ] - Another Gate.

—★—·

—★—·

Trigger warnings for this chapter - the upside down, the Russians, the gate,

—★—·

"I mean, you have to admit, as a fear of engineering alone, this is impressive" Dustin states as him, Erica, Robin and Gator were walking down the long corridor.

"What are you talking about? It's a total fucking fire hazard. Ain't no stairs, no exit, just an elevator that drops ya halfway to hell" Gator stated quietly in the midwestern accent as the others give him weird looks as Robin chuckles.

"They're Commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners" Erica states as Gator gives her a frown. "To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking. Think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo" Robin says.

"It all comes into the mall like any old delivery" Dustin stares making Gator sigh. "And then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser" Robin adds on as Gator takes in their words.

"You think they built this whole mall so they could transport that green poison?" Gator asked glancing down at his hands.

"I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison. It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something" Dustin explains as Gator friend in confusion.

"All right, what the fuck's promethium?" Gator asked still confused. "It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborgs bionic and cybernetic components" Robin explains which only leaves Gator more confused then he had started.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill" Erica says and does a mock of her throwing up. "No. No, no. Don't you dare lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, all right?" Gator tells Erica.

"Why so sensitive, Alligator? Afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year-old child?" Robin says with a smirk. "No, I'm just- ain't know shit about Prometheus" Gator admits.

"Premethiem. Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure, but whatever. All I'm saying is, it's probably being used to make something" Dustin says correctly him.

"But if they're building something, why here? I mean, Hawkins. Seriously. Of all places. At the very best, we're a toilet stop on your way to Disneyland but maybe that's it. Maybe it's out very-" Robin said as her and Erica kept walking as Gator groaned, already knowing where Dustin's mind had gone.

"You think the Russians know?" Gator states though it comes out more like s question, "They could. It might be connected.. I don't know, but it's.. Possible" Dustin says as Gator groans.

"I'm sorry, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Robin asks and Gator gives Dustin a look before a Russian voice comes through the radio making them sit around the walkie that they pull out of Erica's bag.

"It's the code" Robin states simply as Gator feels the dread settling inside his stomach at knowing something bad was going to happen. "Wherever that broadcast is coming from, it's close" Dustin says.

"And if there's one thing we know about that signal.. it can reach the surface" Robin explains to them before they get up and keep walking.

"Okay, clear. Come on, Shitbirds, let's go" Gator says as they walk around a corner. "Okay, that was close" Robin states and Dustin says, "Too close" in agreement.

"Relax. All right? Relax. Nobody saw-" Gator started and stopped as soon as he saw the room in front of him full of Russians and they quickly hid behind a box.

"Red Dawn" Dustin says. "I saw it. First floor, northwest" Erica tells them as a Gator friend at them in confusion, "saw what?"

"The comms room. The door was open for a second and I saw a bunch of lights and machines and shit in there" Erica explains to them. "That could be a hundred different things" Dustin says with a sigh.

"I'll take those odds" Robin states making Gator sigh and shake his head as he peers around the box to check the area. "All right. We're gonna move fast, we're gonna stay low. Okay?" Gator says and then moves out from behind the box and maneuver out that room and into the next as Gator holds the door open so Robin, Erica and Dustin can enter first and Gator closes the door behind them gently before turning around and coming face to face with a Russian as they watch frozen.

The guy starts to grab for a gun and Gator instantly runs up to the guy and tackles him as the man tries to punch him and throws Gator around but in the end Gator manages to elbow the guy right in the dick hard and grab the phone and smash it into the guys head causing the guys to fall and smash his head hard on the desk before hitting the floor.

Gator runs his hand through his hair while panting. "Dude! You did it! You won a fight!" Dustin yells to him as Gator laughs as he watches Dustin go over to the man and grab something.

"What are you doing?" Erica asks confused. "Getting us our ticket out of here" Dustin explains as he grabs what he needs. "You want us to walk all the way back?" Erica asks him sarcastically as Gator turns and hits his head on the wall.

"Well, we can hang out for a little bit, relax, have a picnic maybe.. This plan is way better. If I knew Steve could knock out a Russian, that would've been our plan in the first place-" Dustin starts before Robin rushes over to them.

"Guys! There's something up there" Robin states and they follow her to look through a window that Dustin and Gator can see something all too well inside it,

A gate to the Upside Down.