1. Three Wishes

Silence.

The only thing you could hear walking through the deserted streets of the once known district inside the village, for a once known clan-- the Uchiha.

The proud clan that was part of the shinobi world once, the kinfolk that gloriously vanquish every foe with the dignified sharingan they held.

It is a shame that when ambition and resolve within them clashed-- it all ended there. Yet, the family name lives on with honor, all because of a pacifist that carries the egotistical desire of his kindred by himself.

Nobody dare to pass by that part of the village since the day the powerful clan was slaughtered. Now, Sakura was surprised by herself that she finally got the courage to go on this side of the village. As far as she can remember, she had only set her feet to this ground twice. Once, when her mother was visiting a friend, she remembers that lovely lady with a long and silky ebony colored hair who smiled so gently at her. The second was when she strayed in the wrong direction, trying to get away from the kids teasing her about her forehead. Back then, she was just a little girl who lost her way back home. For all one knows, too young and innocent to be aware that she was standing inside the Uchiha territory.

"Where are you going?" That was the question that Sakura asked after she found Sasuke preparing to leave the training grounds.

Not that she expect him to answer, but that is how their friendship works nowadays. She would ask him if she noticed that one of his all-too-familiar habits changed a bit and be contented by his two or three-worded response.

Even two years after the war, they don't have a definite term of their friendship nor figure out what is the level of their relationship.

"What are they to each other?"

They would not even dare to ask that question and Sakura would not want to risk the relationship they have built after years of being apart.

'What are we?' that question can wait. Maybe not today but probably someday.

The two of them does not define DATING as Sakura visiting him on his apartment to bring food and Sasuke walking her home every time her shift ends late than usual, in which Sasuke will always say that he was just "Passing by" or "the Hokage asked me to bring something to the hospital staff".

Those gestures have become part of their lives. It is the most unstated and unofficial understanding between them.

"We're just good friends." Sakura would normally answer when asked.

Nothing more, nothing less.

For her, as long as they are both comfortable with each other's company, probably the relationship label would not even matter.

"To the Uch-" Sasuke halted in placing his weapon to his pouch as he seems to re-think the words he was about to say. Then hesitantly states, "Just around the village." Sakura catch the bitter look on his face when he said those words.

That was a mistake on her part.

"Okay! See you later then! I'm running late for today" Sakura said and dash her way out.

She should just leave Sasuke alone this time. It was late to take the question back when she realized that today was the day his childhood was ruined. The day he lost his family and the day he closed his door to the world.

Things can wait...

-**-

"Would you want-" Before Sasuke could finish his words she was nowhere to be found.