Spark 5: Because it's you

From: Kevin Estrella

Bring Soul to our house tonight.

To: Kevin Estrella

No.

From: Kevin Estrella

I know that Arellano's security are following you.

I can make them stop.

Only if you can bring Soul to our house.

Nothing scared Karin anymore. She was used to believe that she did not have anyone, hence everything could be done by herself. Despite learning to be independent, Karin was aware that everything she has now was because of her father. She would be forever indebted to the Estrella Inc. founder. Even when he's not the best in the industry, everyone put respect on his name. Someone like Kevin worked his way up to be on top. Before he reached that, he helped people first, and that's how he built his connections.

This was why Karin was having second thoughts about his father's offer. She knew that his father could make Arellano's security stop following them. To think of it, what's so hard about bringing your fiancé to your family's house? If this were offered to other people, it's not even hard. But for Karin, it meant her whole life. For Karin, stepping her foot inside that house was equal to her kneeling in front of his father, begging to give her what she wanted.

Karin spends her morning in the dining table, consuming only a cup of coffee as her breakfast. Even when the world switched to digital platforms, she would never miss a today's newspaper. It was a habit that she got while watching her father every morning. As the clock hit 8 in the morning, she saw how Soul hurriedly ran downstairs. Soul was wearing a big backpack that looked heavy with how his body slightly bowed because of it's weight, and he was holding his drawing tube.

"You look like a mess," Karin went to Soul and as she saw him close she was surprised at how he looked like. Soul's hair was not styled as he usually did. He was wearing his uniform, but his tie was loose.

"I'm sorry. I was so scared that I would be late, and I don't want to keep you waiting for long." While Soul was talking, Karin reached for his loose tie and slowly fixed it. She also fixed his collar, and ran her finger over Soul's hair to style it in a neat manner.

"Are you ready to go now?" Soul nodded.

As Karin drove the car outside her house, she remembered her father's deal.

"Wow, Soul." Karin was stunned to what she was seeing.

"One... two... three... four... five. Five cars, and we're just outside my house." She saw five cars in total, three behind them, and one on each sides.

"They are always around me." Soul explained.

"Aren't you uncomfortable?"

"I..." Soul trailed his words as he took a deep breath, "actually hate it," he added. "They are only after me when I am outside of our house."

"So they are just here to follow you, not to stop you from going anywhere?"

"As long as I won't do anything that they dislike."

"Is there a thing that they don't like you doing?"

"There's only one rule for us, and it's to go home every day. I am not allowed to stay over a friend's house or attend school trips. I should be home by 7 at night, and once I stayed over, I was locked up in the house for a week. I could not even go to school."