~Three~

Rishabh stormed into the living room, his face red with anger. His eyes fell on Mrs. Bhatia, who was still sitting on the couch, looking smug and satisfied.

'What are you still doing here?' He demanded, his voice loud and clear in the big room.

Grandmother hurriedly stood up from her seat and tried to calm Rishabh down. 'Beta, please calm down. Usha is leaving; she just needed to rest for a bit.'

But Rishabh was too angry to listen. 'I can't believe she's still here, causing drama in our family. I want her out of this house right now!' he shouted, his voice echoing in the room.

Rishabh's outburst caught Mrs. Bhatia off guard, who was seated on the sofa. She said, 'I am sorry; I didn't mean to upset you. I will leave immediately,' getting up from her seat.

But Rishabh was in no mood to listen to her apologies. 'Don't bother with your apologies; just leave!' he snapped, his face red with anger.

Mrs. Bhatia, sensing the tension, quickly made her way to the door. 'I'm sorry for overstaying my welcome. And maa, thank you for inviting me, and once again, happy birthday. I'll leave now,' she said, her voice quivering.

He turned to Grandmother and let out a deep sigh. 'I'm sorry, Granny. I shouldn't have lost my temper like that.' and especially not on your birthday.

Grandmother patted his arm affectionately. ' It's alright, beta.

Grandma wanted to lighten the mood in the house. And when she asked for her birthday gift, Rishabh was taken aback. He had thought he had already given her everything she could possibly want. He replied, 'Sweetheart, I have already given you gifts like your favorite ring and your favorite single. What else is left that I forgot about?'

His grandmother smiled and patted his hand. 'Oh my dear boy, these things are yours to give by deciding yourself. But I want my gift to be something special, something that I have been wishing for.'

Rishabh  was curious. He asked, 'What is it, Granny? Tell me, and I will make sure you get it.'

His grandmother smiled mischievously and said, 'You have to say yes to marriage.'

Rishabh's eyes widened in surprise. He had not expected this request from his grandmother. But without a second thought, he replied, 'Yes, Grandmother. I will say yes to marriage.'

His grandmother's face lit up with joy. She hugged him tightly and said, 'Thank you, my dear. You have made my birthday perfect. Now, I can go to sleep in peace knowing that I have everything I wished for today.'

Rishabh smiled and kissed her on the forehead. He was happy to fulfill his grandmother's wish and make her birthday truly special. Little did he know, this would be the beginning of a new chapter in his life.

Rishabh's Pov

I slammed the door to my room shut, frustrated with the marriage proposal from my grandmother. I have already said yes to her, but did I say yes?

I was lying on my bed, tired after a long day, when my phone started ringing. I was groggy and didn't want to talk to anyone. But when I opened the call, I saw it was my friend Manish.

'Hey, what's up?' I said, trying to sound cheerful.

'I heard someone say yes to marriage today,' Manish said in a teasing tone.

I rolled my eyes, knowing exactly who he was talking about. 'Shut up, Manish. No one is getting married.'

'But grandmother is saying that,' Manish said, his voice now serious.