Chapter Eight

"We are initiating the landing sequence."

"Good," said Leilani. "Bring all three cruisers down to the ground to refuel — and they can join the blockade after."

Tython had been a fixture in the old legends, its tales woven through the pages of books gifted to her by Madam Jocasta many moons ago. She had always envisioned it as a bastion of serenity, a sanctuary nestled amidst the tumult of the galaxy and the ebb and flow of the Force. It was, after all, the hallowed ground where the Jedi Order had taken root millennia ago, and where the elusive Martryium of Frozen Tears lay concealed within its core. To her, Tython epitomised the essence of the Force—a profound connection that permeated the very atmosphere, binding together its inhabitants, be they citizens, Jedi, or the myriad creatures that roamed its lands. The planet itself seemed to pulse with the living energy of the Force, a harmonious symphony of life and nature.

Tython remained shrouded in mystery, its secrets guarded fiercely by the Jedi Order and veiled from those beyond its hallowed halls. Hyperlanes shifted, diverting travellers away from its cities and the temple, rendering them abandoned—or so the myths said. So they wanted the people to believe.

Yet, upon her return from Serenno, when she requested Master Yoda's permission to travel to Tython, he readily agreed, willingly providing the coordinates. He expressed joy in enabling her journey—not only for her to acquire knowledge and guidance but ultimately to safeguard the sanctity of the temple.

Every time she set foot on the ground or passed through the gates, a profound sense of safety enveloped her, as if she were cocooned in a vast, uncontrollable yet inviting energy. It was a sensation she experienced anew with each return, just as now—a warm embrace that welcomed her back to the familiar shore.

She walked down the ramp while taking a taking a deep breath, letting the breeze dance over her form and play with her hair.

"General Serenno," the exclamation came immediately after, with the Commander of the Tython Guard approaching her.

"Commander Raze."

"A small ship just jumped out of the hyperspace and is approaching the upper landing zone as we speak," he informed her while falling in step beside her.

"Do we know who it is?" she inquired.

"It's General Skywalker, sir."

"Very well, I'll go and greet him."

Anakin Skywalker...the same little boy who cuddled up to her after a nightmare in Naboo, the one who witnessed her make her new lightsaber and almost be consumed by the dark side of the Force. He, who had stayed in touch with Leilani in those 11 years, asking for advice, guidance, or just taking the time to fly out to Tython for a tea — sometimes even bringing his wife, Padmé. He, who was viewed and described by the HoloNet as the most powerful, most fearless Jedi in the galaxy — yet for Leilani, he would always be that blonde mop of a hair who begged her to eat and take care of herself whenever she needed it. Almost like mother and son. Although not one of them would dare to say...let alone acknowledge it.

She takes the elevator and meets Anakin halfway down the path in the hangar bay, pulling him into a hasty embrace; tending to forget about her healing arm, the tiredness of the past months and the pain of the siege.

"Ani—."

"Leia—."

They pulled apart, to avoid questioning eyes, but gazes lingered at each other. How glad he was to see her alive...to hear on the cruiser about how she won the first part of the battle on Felucia.

"Is there something wrong, or are you just here to visit?" she asked him finally, sensing that there was indeed something more.

He shrugged, feigning nonchalance. "Can't I visit you without a specific reason?"