Chapter One

Connie's P.O.V.

I blew out my candles as Steven hugged me tightly. Pearl snapped picture after picture in an arry of flashes.

"Pearl, dude stop! You blinding the birthday girl!" Amethyst yelled. Grabbing and trying to take the camera from Pearl.

"Gah!" Pearl yelled. Fighting and pulling against Amethyst.

Garnet sighed and began cutting the cake. She handed Steven and I a piece before cutting one for herself and Amethyst.

I giggled as I watched Garnet hold the cake out for Amethyst. With that Ame realsed her death grip on the camera and eat her cake and styroafoam plate in one bite.

"Happy 16 Birthday Connie!" Steven said hugging me. I smiled at him and held him close. Wincing a bit feeling the cuts that I covered up with my sweater start to open again.

Pearl sighed happily, as Garnet ate her cake, holding Pearl by her waist with her free arm.
Pearl quickly kissed Garnet's cheek and Garnet blushed. Her reddish face turning even redder. With that a small giggle came out of Pearl and more kisses were given to Garnet.

"Get a room." Amethyst groaned.

"We have one, Amethyst." Pearl replied.

"Than use it." Amethyst said back. Taking and eating another large slice of cake.

Garnet sighed and finished her cake. Spinning Pearl around and roud until Pearl was dizzy and had to hold onto Garnet.

"Agghhh...G-Garnet...." Pearl said holding, Garnet close as they walked to the couch. Sitting down, Garnet kissed her gem. Pearl smiled, laying her head on Garnet's lap, looking into Garnet's shades.

"Wow...Thank you guys...This is perfect." I said eating my cake slowly. It tasted great. And having Steven and The Gems do this for me, made me feel speacil.

"Anything for my best friend." Steven said hugging me tight, snapping a selfie on his phone. I giggled and laughed, looking at the pictures.

There was a sound of kissing and small giggles that we could hear from the couch. I smiled as I kissed Steven's cheek gently.

His face turned bright red as he smirked. Ame laughed, falling on her butt she laughed hard.

"Steven! You should have seen your face!" She said between bubbling and contagious laughter.

I giggled taking the last bite of my cake. Steven's face stayed bright red a he glared at Amethyst.

"Connie. You have to go...." Steven said, looking at the clock across the wall.

I cringed, looking at the clock. I was late.

"Y-Yeah. I guess I have too." I said. Packing up all of my stuff.

"Why do you have to go so soon?" Steven asked as he handed me my back pack.

"Umm...I-I...My parents want to spend some time with me...." I smiled, hoping that excuse would work.

Steven sighed and handed me another piece of cake.

"For the road." He said, kissing my cheek.

It was my turn to blush bright red. I smiled and giggled before running out the door and down the street. Pearl's conditioning and training had helped me get in shape. And I could run home every day.

I ran as fast as I could until I reached my front door. I sighed and pushed the door open. I gagged. The house smelled like alchol and puke. Ever since my mom left us my dad had been drinking alot more. But that wasnt the worst part....

I sighed and sat my stuff down on the couch. Slowly I sat next to it, my hands shaking badly.

"Your late." My dad slurred as he stumbled down the stairs.

"I know sir." I said, hiding my face from him. If I looked at him, I would be hit again.

"You can stay tonight here. Tommrow you need to be gone." He said, standing and breathing right next to my face.

"Look at me when I talk to you." He said. His breath wanted to make me throw up. I was terrified. I had seen him like this. But, I knew I had crossed a line when I didnt look at him.

He chuckled darkly and lifted my chin up to him. My eyes staring into his.

"You look just like yoyr mother." He said, smacking me hard across my face. I fell onto the ground as my father kicked me hard in the ribs, knocking my breath out of me. Tears formed in my eyes as he kicked me over and over again.

I curled up in a ball. Trying to take the hits well. He launched another kick at he. This one landing in my face. I cried as my eye bleed.

He stopped and smiled down at me. "You know what happens when your late..." He said grabbing a knife from the kitchen.

I cried harder.

"P-Please. Im sorry. No one came to pick me up. I had to run again." I pleaded. My father laughed at me again.

"It dosnt matter. Give me your wrist." He said. I cringed and slid my sweater sleeves up amd held out my wrist. The five neat cuts were bandgaed up, thanks to Pearl. I smiled softly remebering her thinking they were her fault. Pearl thought she had cut Connie.

It wasnt her. It was this monster in front of her.

I cringed as he cut down through the bandage. I cried softly into my free arm as she went down my wrist. Making three new ones.

Finally when he was done, my arms was dripping my blood onto the floor. A small dark red spot lay in the carpet where my arm was placed. I cried as wiped off the knife.

"Go to your room, Connie." He said. Pointint to the stairs.

I wiped my tears away as I ran upstairs. I laid down in my bed. Grabbing the bloof splattered green towel and wrapping my arm in it. There I lay. My arm barely bleeding because of the pressure.

I need Steven. I need to be with him. I wish I could stay with him.....

I winced as I turned over to face the window by my bed. I touched the glass as I saw the lighthouse light spin and shine light to those who need safety.

Just above the temple.

Just above Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl.

I closed my eyes softly, forgetting about the pain as I remebered what Pearl said to me one day while training.

The statue looks down at the house to protcet all those who are in. While it also looks out to see to protect those who need us.

Tears streamed down my face as I cried. I needed the statue to look at me, to protect me. And yet it stayed looking out onto the sea.

---------------------------------------------

Hey yall! Tell me what yall thought. Should I cont? Or what? There's more. But, I dont know. Ad always tell me what you think in the comments and as alwayes LOVE YALL!