Part 4

I was awaken by some sound in the room but couldn't open my eyes

I was awaken by some sound in the room but couldn't open my eyes. I am too lazy to do that and stretch out my arms.

"Dad," I open my eyes once I hear my elder son's voice and see him all dressed up in his school uniform and that's when my eyes widen. I look at the clock on the wall and see the clock showing 9:09 AM.

"I'm late." I realise and sit straight on my bed before Ayansh comes to me with a glass of water in his hands, the first thing I need when I wake up.

I don't know how I got this late, maybe because of how peacefully I slept knowing that all the allegations on me turned out to be false and I was able to prove it.

Yeah, it's been almost 15 days now since the court proceedings started and yesterday, finally after too many attempts the judge gave his last words in my favour.

I pick up the TV remote from the nightstand and turn on the TV while sipping some water while Ayansh goes back to packing his school bag.

"Today's top news. The allegations on Mr. Naveen Rajvanshi turned out to be false-

I couldn't hear further because my whole attention shifted to the woman who was reciting the news. Almost 3 weeks and I haven't seen her yet. The last time I saw her was when she came to my office and ended up blabbering and being embarrassed, never came in front of me.

Today I have a press conference scheduled and I'm not sure if she'll be there- Wait, why am I even thinking so much about her?

"Dad," My trance breaks from the woman, dressed in blue with another pair of jhumkas and my gaze shifts to my son.

"Are you going to drop me or should I ask driver uncle?" He asks and I realise his school timings. No matter how fast I do, I won't be able to get ready on time.

"I'll call driver and ask him to drop you, alright." He nods at me and throws his bag on his back.

"Did you take your lunchbox?" I ask while dialling the driver. He gives me another nod before coming to and leaves after touching my feet before I can say anything else.

After I talk to the driver, I falls back on my bed. How hectic last few months have been and this is the first time, I'm feeling at ease. I hope things won't mess up for me now.

I pick up my phone as I have this sudden urge to call her. Why? I don't know. I wouldn't have been able to win this case if not her.

Her words are still ringing in my head. If not me, no one will ever take stand for me. No one will ever fight for me.

I stare at her contact and let out a sigh before tossing my phone on the bed. This is wrong, I shouldn't be calling her, neither I should be thinking about her. It's frustrating how every time something goes right or wrong, I think about her.

After some time of procrastinating, I get out of my bed and moves to the washroom. I get ready for the press conference and walk out of my room to the living room where I see Shivam and Ahaan playing with each other.