18. Truth untold

VALERIA'S POV

I woke up, and again, not to my surprise ,I was half naked, but the door wasn't locked.

My body ached, and I felt so sore.
"Am I getting a fever?" I questioned myself checking my temperature.

I stretched and got down the bed. After a good bath, I wore comfortable clothes and walked down.

No one was there. Where did everyone go? The castle echoed with my steps. "Where did everyone go? It's just 10 a.m. and not even a single human is here?"

"Sofia? Elliot? Lorenzo? Mario?" I called them out. But I got no response in return. I was walking ,trying to  find all these missing humans, and stopped as I found a letter on the floor. I picked it up, and it was written:

Pick up the gun kept in front and kill the person in front of you.

                                                               Enzo.

My body got numb, and  i felt empty on reading the name 'Enzo'. Unwillingly, my brain forced me to pick up the gun, and it signaled me that 'if you don't follow as he commands you will be tortured'

A man came in front of me. I point my gun on his face. He was 1m away from me. I was shaking. I didn't want to shoot him, but I did. I shoot his right leg.

He fell on the floor and hissed in pain. Tears roll down my eyes. "I did it, Enzo..I did just like you commanded." The gun fell down from my hand.

"Those commands were from me."

I turned as I recognized the owner of the  voice, and it was Elliot.

He walked towards me, burning into flames.I could feel his agony, and his aura burned with anger. He stopped at some distance from me.
"You?"

"Yes. Me"

"Ho..w do..you...know...about Enzo?"

"Yesterday."

"What happened yesterday?"

"Drop that innocent act of yours,"

"I don't understand what you are saying,"

"Well then, I guess I have to make you remember! You thought you were alone in the room yesterday, but you are wrong. I was there hiding inside the wardrobe just to see what you do behind the locked door. Everything was fine till 12 am. But then?" His gaze darkened, voice deepened, and he clenched his fist.

"A man barked into the room and locked the door, and surprisingly, YOU followed every command that he gave you. To know more about him, I did this."

"Enzo... was in my room? That's not possible... he's in jail.."

"You don't believe me?"

I dont know what to believe and what to not because I don't remember any single thing from last night.

"Who is Enzo?"

"No..one..."

"WHO.IS.ENZO?"

I cried loudly as he shouted at me. He pulled out his gun and pointed at me. "My wife is cheating on me with another man. If you loved someone else, then why did you agree to marry me, VALERIA?"

"I don't love him, Elliot...." Tears kept falling my cheeks. I sobbed harder.

"THEN? THEN WHAT WAS HE DOING IN YOUR ROOM?"