Three [3]

"Ah, I suppose that's the bell- have an amazing day, everyone!" The teacher smiled, waving to each student as they left the classroom. Gundham, however, kept on eye on Kazuichi. He seemed to be a lot quieter in class that he'd usually be. "Tiny Yakuza-" "I told you not to call me that, dumbass-! Wait- Gundham? The hell..?" The blonde stared up at him unblinking. Gundham gave him a stern look. "Has the mechanic mortal spoken to you in an unformal manner?" Slowly, the Yakuza shook his head.

Gundham nodded, walking past the blonde, confusing both the smaller blonde, and the swords woman behind him. "The fuck was that..?"

____

Even after class, Kazuichi didn't walk with Sonia to her home, or what Sonia had told him was her home. Instead, he walked to town, Gundham following a good distance behind him. "Need some help, Miss Cheng?" The mechanic offered an elderly woman whose arms were packed full of grocery bags. She slowly looked up at him, smiling softly, "Ah, Kazuichi. That'd be splendid." The mechanic smiled, gently taking each bag from the elderly woman. "No, no. Your arms are full, I can carry-" "I'll help." Gundham spoke up. The woman looked back at him, then to Kazuichi.

Kazuichi looked just as surprised as the elderly woman, but nodded. "He's.. he's a classmate." The woman nodded in understanding, handing the bags up to the raven, who smiled down at her. The bags took up one of his arms, so he offered the other to the woman. Gratefully, the woman took his arms, and they all began across the street.

______

Kazuichi let out a deep breath as he stood up, patting his hands against his jumpsuit bottoms, before grinning. "That's all, Miss Cheng!" He said enthusiastically. The woman smiled softly at him. "Thank you, Kazuichi. You're always such a good help, ah- and your friend here, as well." Tanaka smiled down at the woman.

The woman walked across the kitchen, opening her fridge. She returned with two cups of store bought lemonade. "I apologize. I know it's not sufficient enough, but I'm going through a bit of economic problems." The teenagers shook their heads, respectfully taking the cups. "It is more than enough, Ma'am." Gundham said, bowing his head slightly to show his appreciation. And while he questioned the ravens antics, Kazuichi followed suit, and bowed his head as well.

______

"See you later, boys!" The woman called behind the two, waving goodbye to them as they left. "Farewell." "See ya!" The two shared a glance, before chuckling, turning away from each other's gaze. They were so different, and yet..so similar. Simple irony, really.

The two walked quietly in the midst of this comfortable mid-july afternoon. There were the occasional kids passing by, chasing one another, owners walking their dogs, birds chirping, fish splashing water in the ocean. In all honesty, it was the ideal day. "Free necklaces!" One woman called from her setup on the aid of the street. The two teenagers glanced at one another. "You wanna get one?" Kazuichi asked curiously, gazing up at the raven.

The animal breeder shrugged a shoulder, "Would you, Mortal?" Kazuichi glanced back at the stand, scanning it, a smile forming, before he nodded. "Yes, actually." Gundham nodded as they approached the stand. "Take your pick!" The woman grinned from behind the stand. Nearly immediately, the ultimate mechanic pointed to one of the necklaces that sat behind the glass hold. Gundham followed his finger, then looked at the seller. "That one." She nodded as she took it out, sitting it gently in front of the mechanic on the wooden surface.

The woman then looked back to meet Tanaka's stern gaze, "That'll be 0.42!" Gundham nodded, taking a dollar bill from his pocket, handing it to the woman. "Keep the change." She nodded. The two kept on their way. Kazuichi stared at the necklace in his hands, smiling. "Thanks!" He grinned, looking up to meet the other gaze, thanks to their slight height difference. Gundham gave a small smile. "You are welcome, shark mortal." Kazuichi groaned, rolling his eyes at the nickname.

Gundham couldn't help but crack a smile at the mechanics childish personality. "Shall we stop elsewhere? I believe there's an ice cream stand over there." Kazuichi's eyes lit up as he followed the other male's gaze. "Heck yeah!"

I hope you enjoyed.

-𝓜𝓮𝓲-𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷