Epilouge

Epilogue

Celeste

"When I go, I want you to check my office in my house. Third draw on the right side of the desk, there's something special in there for you." His words rang in my mind for weeks after he passed. I turned the key and opened the door to an inviting scent of mahogany teakwood. The smell of Fynn. I walked up the stairs as silence filled the air. Once I got to the top I looked for his office, the doors were open, he never left his office doors open. I stepped in, the creaky floorboards sounded as I went step by step to his desk. "When I go, I want you to check my office in my house. Third, draw on the right side of the desk, there's something special in there for you." His words echoed louder and louder as I got closer to the draw. I pulled the handle towards me and saw the drawer filled with cream coloured envelopes, Fynn's handwriting, Fynn's cologne. I absorbed the feel of comfort as I took the envelopes in my hands, I didn't want to read it alone.

As I exited his house with a bag full of the envelopes I walked to our spot, I knew he would be there, waiting for me. I sat there for hours. Reading every single love letter Fynn had written. He had started writing them in the middle of my freshman year when I was at their parents house majority of the time to get away from my dad and my stepmom. As I opened the last letter I read it too to the bottom before I read the part in brackets. "I want you to go back into my office and open the locked door, the key is on my desk under shatter me. Your favourite book. "Enjoy, honey." The note read as I stared at it confused. I got up from the sand and hesitated to leave our spot but Fynn had wanted me to find this eventually, I should do it for him. I walked back into his house, and stepped into his office once again. I walked around to the back of his office chair and lifted up shatter me. The key. It glimmered in the sunlight, it reminded me of Fynn. I grabbed it and walked over to the locked door in his office that he was talking about. As I inserted the key and turned it at the same time I turned the knob the door opened. I cautiously walked into the room filled with shelves and saw every book ever imaginable. He had built me a whole fucking library. Even with this I still felt an emptiness in me. An emptiness only Fynn could fill. The room had little lights everywhere and comfortable seats. It was huge. Every book I've ever wanted but the only one I wanted to read was Fynn.

THE END