About the World

"There's no need to act so anxiously, Ryan," Yoona said with a smirk.

"You think I'm anxious?" Ryan realized his poker face was slipping in front of the High Priestess under all this pressure.

Yoona chuckled, then summoned the servants to place some bread and meat onto the plates. "You are clearly anxious, how could you not be."

"Haah... It's that obvious, aye?... All of this is hard for me to accept. I mean, so much stuff has happened to me in such a short time," Ryan said as he looked Yoona in the eyes.

"You will be fine," Yoona said as she took a bite of her bread. "The Goddess of Nils seems unorthodox in her choices, but it's only because we can't fully comprehend her visions. And is never wrong."

"Who is the Goddess of Nils?" Ryan asked.

"Our Goddess, Nils, is the Dark Goddess. Her true form is kept hidden away in Darkness." Yoona explained as she took a sip of her wine. "But she's our goddess of rebirth, of life, and death."

'Huh? Hidden in shadows? Did she come to me in my dreams last night? I don't like this.' Ryan shivered at the thought of the goddess messing with his dreams.

"You said she's the goddess of life and death?"

"In this world, we have two kinds of people. Those who live, and those who die. As they say 'Only the strong survive.' Plus there's the nonliving of course." She says with a smirk.

"So, how bad is the division between the races?" Ryan asked as he felt a sense of déjà vu as if he'd seen this cliche scenario in anime before.

'This sounds way too familiar. It's starting to feel too similar to fiction. I don't need to be caught up in a war of the races.' Ryan thought.

"Very good, Ryan. You're a smarter one, aren't you," Yoona looked him straight in the eyes with an amused look.

'Shit!' Ryan accidentally let his facade of acting dumb slip in front of Yoona. 'Now it's going to be harder to play dumb in front of her in the future. Maybe it has something to do with the food they gave us or this mana that's absorbed into my body? I'm having a tougher time trying to play coy with the Sorellians.'

"Yes, we share this world with many other races."

"Which races?" Ryan asked.

Yoona smiled. "There are other Dark Elves, also humans, dwarves, and demi~"

*SLAM!*

Hiro slapped both of his hands on the table and yelled.

"And d-d-d-demi-humans!?" Hiro screeched with excitement, interrupting Yoona. His outburst caused everyone to jump in their seats as they all turned to look at the human. The dark elves at the table had a look of shock or annoyance written all over their faces.

'Damnit Hiro! I almost had a heart attack because of you!' Ryan thought as he tried to calm himself and noticed some Dark Elves glaring at Hiro.

Yoona shook her head. "Yes, there are demi-humans. I don't know why that's such a big deal. They are a migratory race. Quite a boring species if you ask me."

'I've never seen Hiro so starry-eyed before. Haah... He has a one-track mind. I need to ignore him and find something edible to eat. I'm going to need my strength if I'm going to get out of here...'

Ryan looked around at the food on the table, 'God, this meal looks disgusting... J-Just don't look at it and try it, Ryan. You ate their crap earlier and it was fine... I think,' Ryan thought as he summoned the strength to try eating his unusual elven dinner.