Ep5 Sheer Heart Attack

The guards pulled up the black steel bars of Minos's prison. Finally, the kingdom's desire for combat has spilled over, and Minos was on the chopping block. Minos didn't fear what Arthur could do to him, rather he feared what the people would think. A ghastly stranger comes to their domain, beats the people's champion, and faces no discrimination? No, Minos had to make an example out of this. If he wished to help his children, he couldn't let this battle seem to one sided. Minos rose from the stone floor and followed the guard out to the colosseum. 

Crowds roared as a jousting match was being commenced, an appetizer to the main event. Blood spilled all over the sand, as one of the riders was impaled by the opposite sides lance. The winner revealed himself to show it was Arthur, getting the people excited with his skills. Minos walked out of the opening between the large sand stone bleachers. People booed, threw concessions at him, and shouted profanities at the ghost. 

Minos looked around, aside from the bleachers filled with people, and the man in the middle, there was also a separate observation deck from the people. The King, Queen, and Priestess Samiel sat in the observation deck. Samiel had a concerned look on her face. 

"My liege please, he maybe a monster, but I don't believe he's had proper training."

"Priest, I understand your concerns, not too mention after all your past summons, I'd be worried too."

The King smirked at Samiel. He's right. Samiel thought, there is not way Minos could win this. Once he does I'll lose my credit as a priest for failing to pull a godsent hero. Samiel squirmed as she saw Minos face off against Arthur.

Now down on the ground, Arthur mocked the King of Lust. 

"You claimed to be a king, crowned of Lust, but wouldn't that mean you're just a whore?" 

The people laughed at this, but Minos kept quiet. He was figuring out how to not kill Arthur by accident.

"SILENCE,"

The King yelled into a mic, everyone turned to the Observatory.

"As you know, another supposed hero has come to our world. Now we must make our final preparations, and test this hero's might. 3 rounds, the loser faces death by the people's choice. Minos, do you wish to turn tail, or meet your fate?"

Minos blocked out the speech and focused on one word. Another. How many times has this happend? How many has died to the king's test? Minos must make an example, this cannot stand. This game has gone long enough, and Minos has had enough. Now isn't the time to bargain, now is the time for action

"Champions, make your ground, and face each other on my command."

Arthur digs deep, a blue hue glows from his chest to his sword. His stance is wide, and his eyes are focused on Minos's visible heart. What a fool, did you really think you could defeat me? I've slayed Demon generals, giants, hordes of undead, and a crimson dragon. You will not win.

Minos began to step forward, but with no visible intention to stand his ground. Why isn't he using mana? Arthur was found dumbfounded by Minos's arrogance. Why would he start walking with nothing prepared. Unless, he can't use mana altogether. Arthur began to chuckle.

"I thought you were arrogant to walk up to me, but no, I see through the fog. You can't use magic can you-

///////////////////////////////////

I made that picture 👍