27. The past present pt.4

As Kenjaku fled into the darkness, (y/n) took a moment to catch his breath, the adrenaline still coursing through his veins from the intense battle. Slowly, the haze of battle lifted, and he felt the weight of his actions settling upon him. With a heavy heart, he returned to the lifeless body of Sachiko lying on the ground.

(y/n): "Sachiko... I'm sorry."

With gentle hands, (y/n) lifted Sachiko's body, cradling her in his arms as he made his way back to his village. The journey was long and arduous, each step heavy with grief and regret, his body telling him to seize all movement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he finally arrived, (y/n) was met with a chilling silence. Something was amiss. Instinctively, he tightened his grip on Sachiko's body, a sense of foreboding creeping over him, everything appeared deceptively normal. The villagers went about their daily tasks, their faces masking the treachery that lay beneath the surface. But as (y/n) made his way through the village square, he could feel their eyes upon him, their gazes filled with suspicion and fear.

He made his way to the head of the Nakatomi clan to report on his mission. The clan leader, a stern and formidable figure, listened intently as (y/n) recounted his journey and the events that had transpired.

But as (y/n) spoke, the atmosphere in the room grew tense, and the clan leader's gaze flickered with unease. Something was not right. And then, as if on cue, the clan leader's eyes fell upon (y/n)'s own, and he saw the change that had taken place.

Masao: "So you've really done it... Why did you do it...? Explain yourself, (y/n). What has happened to you? Why do your eyes betray you?"

Before (y/n) could respond, the other members of the clan burst into the room, their weapons drawn and their faces contorted with rage. Without warning, they launched themselves at (y/n), their attacks relentless and unforgiving.

(y/n) took a step forward, desperation creeping into his voice as he tried to explain the events that had transpired. But before he could utter another word, the other clan members erupted in anger, their weapons drawn and pointed at him. (y/n) felt the weight of their accusations like a physical blow, his throat tightening with the effort to form words. He took a step forward, his voice shaky with desperation as he tried to explain the events that had led to this moment.

(y/n): "Please, you have to believe me! I didn't want any of this to happen..."

But before he could utter another word, the other clan members erupted in anger, their weapons drawn and pointed at him like accusing fingers.

Kaori: "You return with those cursed eyes, defiling our blessed lineage! You've disgraced our clan!"

Ryu: "You've abandoned the path of honor, (y/n), and succumbed to the darkness! You've become a threat not just to us, but to all who dwell in these lands!"

The words struck (y/n) like a physical blow, the weight of their condemnation crushing him with its enormity. He raised his hands in a gesture of surrender, his heart pounding in his chest as he tried to reason with them.

(y/n): "Please, you must listen to me! I-"

But his words fell on deaf ears, drowned out by the clamor of their accusations. And as the first blow was struck, something inside (y/n) snapped

The weight of the previous battle and Sachiko's death bore down upon him like a heavy burden, and the power that had lain dormant within him surged to life once more. In a fit of rage and despair, (y/n) unleashed the full extent of his cursed techniques, his eyes ablaze with a malevolent light as he fought back against his attackers with a ferocity unlike anything they had ever witnessed.